Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Law wrote:
DoubleD wrote:Image
Lol already
LOL Hoping for a different style this time.

The kids in "Inception" are between 5 and 7, then in "Interstellar" the ages are 10 and 13, now in "Dunkirk" they are probably between 15 and 18. It seems he is always reflecting on certain stages of child growing and on his experience of being a father.
I think this era could be even called as the Parenthood trilogy.

Well, looks like my plans for the summer are set. I have family in France living in Lille, so that's only 78 km between the two cities! I'm really thinking about going there!

caulfield wrote:The kids in "Inception" are between 5 and 7, then in "Interstellar" the ages are 10 and 13, now in "Dunkirk" they are probably between 15 and 18. It seems he is always reflecting on certain stages of child growing and on his experience of being a father.
That's actually pretty interesting.

I'm glad Nolan is gonna do regular 65 with IMAX 65. I've wanted that all along. Only wish he would have done it with Interstellar as well. Anyways this is quite a big change from his last several films, last decade even. Very curious. Nice to see him working with Hardy again.

atilasantos wrote:
caulfield wrote:The kids in "Inception" are between 5 and 7, then in "Interstellar" the ages are 10 and 13, now in "Dunkirk" they are probably between 15 and 18. It seems he is always reflecting on certain stages of child growing and on his experience of being a father.
That's actually pretty interesting.
Don't forget the young daughter in the Prestige.

ah, my favourite part of the Nolan project cycle, the crappy fan-made posters that will most certainly have nothing in common with the vibe the filmmakers actually have in mind, well given all the recent information this is how I see shit going.

Best case scenario: Nolan approaches this project with the same respect, ambition and overall: BALLS as Spielberg approached SPR and it ends up doing and essential war movie (fucking grounded, no need of edgy time travel or paranormal crap you people want) that highlights human values and make the british proud for a change.

Worst case scenario: a PG-13 Movie. Either based on some romance story bullshit or some infant friendship bullshit that he's doing for his kids that will appeal to families all over the world.

france is sort of a weird place to adapt akira but in nolan we trust :gonf:

Read about the events that happened in Dunkirk and the battle. The events are already epic and I can't wait for Nolan to show us what happened. This will be his Saving Private Ryan

the_red_ninja wrote:Quick survey: Who actually heard of Dunkirk/Dunkerque before Christmas?
Sort of. I remember about the place from the history class.

Btw, the retreat in Atonement? It's Dunkirk :D (so If you've seen that movie you should've known something)