Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Insomniac wrote:
Lord Shade wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:Oh shit Nolan's making a WWII film

Now this will be interesting. I bet Tarantino will be happy to see it
What does it have to do with Tarantino? And what means 'now'? The next Nolan's project will be interesting ANYWAY.
"I’d like to see Chris Nolan’s version of The Battle of Bulge. That would be fucking awesome." - Quentin Tarantino.
That's a bingo

Insomniac wrote:
Lord Shade wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:Oh shit Nolan's making a WWII film

Now this will be interesting. I bet Tarantino will be happy to see it
What does it have to do with Tarantino? And what means 'now'? The next Nolan's project will be interesting ANYWAY.
"I’d like to see Chris Nolan’s version of The Battle of Bulge. That would be fucking awesome." - Quentin Tarantino.
Well, it was quite a different operations, if not to say the opposite ones. Not just in terms of the time periods (The Dunkirk evacuation took place in the beginning of the War, while The Battle of Bulge in the very end of it), but also in terms of their places - the first one took place in France, while the other in Belgium.

It's just about the same genre and theme.

Lord Shade wrote:Well, it was quite a different operations, if not to say the opposite ones. Not just in terms of the time periods (The Dunkirk evacuation took place in the beginning of the War, while The Battle of Bulge in the very end of it), but also in terms of their places - the first one took place in France, while the other in Belgium.

It's just about the same genre and theme.
I wasn't talking about specifics dude....

Both would be considered war films, Tarantino said he would like to see a Nolan war film essentially. Stop looking so far into it.

Between Person of Interest, taking on Westworld, developing Foundation for HBO, AND possibly working this feature with Chris, Jonah's really taking on a lot.

Lionheart wrote:But will he film this after Akira?

what about making movies for his kids? PG-13 WW2 movie?

thrice wrote:what about making movies for his kids? PG-13 WW2 movie?
Nolan might remake this on a WW2 setting

Idris elba, Tom Hardy and Matt Damon

Holy shit! This is so sweet.

But will he shoot it entirely in 65mm? that's the question

Nolan is maybe making a WWII-movie?! I'M IN!!
ChrisTilford wrote:Between Person of Interest, taking on Westworld, developing Foundation for HBO, AND possibly working this feature with Chris, Jonah's really taking on a lot.
True, but it's awesome! :gonf: