NASA releases black hole image for the first time

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Uh, no, Gargantua is definitely the sun for those planets, not the neutron star (that wouldn't be possible). That's exactly what that image says, too: "The disc provides light and heat to Gargantua's planets." In the original script by Jonathan, the neutron star also emitted deadly amounts of radiation.

Dobson wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 9:01 am
Uh, no, Gargantua is definitely the sun for those planets, not the neutron star (that wouldn't be possible). That's exactly what that image says, too: "The disc provides light and heat to Gargantua's planets." In the original script by Jonathan, the neutron star also emitted deadly amounts of radiation.
Ah yes, I guess the movie stated that only Miller and Mann's planets are orbiting Gargantua, unlike Edmunds... That would mean the neutron star must be further out on orbit around the black hole, or at least further than Miller's.

However, Mann's planet orbiting a neutron star, which in essence would be orbiting Gargantua, wouldn't be impossible. But since that's not what they said in the film, I guess Edmunds might be its orbiting planet or it might be orbiting a different star altogether.

As for the image, I'm not sure how legit it is. Like I said, I'll check if it's in the book today (because honestly I don't remember it being there) and let you know.