things that do not add up:

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Oh god, not all this again.

shadoW wrote:It's a matter of fact that Interstellar has many plot holes, but people on here seem to simply ignore them because it's Nolan and it's Interstellar, so it can't be flawed.

Cooper's lack of interest for Tom, adult Tom's bizarre behavior, the way Cooper's descendants totally ignore him when he comes to see Murph at the end of the movie - results of a poorly written script. It bothered me when I first saw it in IMAX, and it still bothers me. But yeah, the whole thing with Miller's planet is just bad editing. The conversation between Cooper and Brand should've lasted 45 minutes from what CASE said to Cooper.

OP's questions are pretty much on the spot, except the tidal wave/Doyle thing - that tidal wave was taller than most of Earth's mountains. Never mind the water pressure on the helmet, he would be crushed beyond belief under all of that.

shadoW wrote:It's a matter of fact that Interstellar has many plot holes, but people on here seem to simply ignore them because it's Nolan and it's Interstellar, so it can't be flawed.

Cooper's lack of interest for Tom, adult Tom's bizarre behavior, the way Cooper's descendants totally ignore him when he comes to see Murph at the end of the movie - results of a poorly written script. It bothered me when I first saw it in IMAX, and it still bothers me. But yeah, the whole thing with Miller's planet is just bad editing. The conversation between Cooper and Brand should've lasted 45 minutes from what CASE said to Cooper.

OP's questions are pretty much on the spot, except the tidal wave/Doyle thing - that tidal wave was taller than most of Earth's mountains. Never mind the water pressure on the helmet, he would be crushed beyond belief under all of that.
You really don't understand what a plot hole is. Not one of the examples you cited would fall under that category. Just because Cooper didn't have as close a relationship with Tom as he did Murph doesn't mean there's a lack of interest. Tom is clearly more independent and around that age where boys start to distance themselves from their parents. Watch the messages scene and tell me he doesn't care about Tom. Apparently you've never been a teenager so we'll assume you're 12, in which case you must intimately understand the strong bond between child and the parent who took you to see this movie. As for adult Tom's "bizarre" behavior, this one is just plain stupid. Bizarre because he's a stubborn farmer that doesn't want to give up on what he calls home? Tell that to the people from The Dust Bowl. Let's see, what else can we attempt to stamp out like a wildfire of stupidity... Cooper's descendants ignoring him at the reunion with Murph? This is a guy that no one there knows or has ever seen, and for all they know abandoned his daughter (remember, no one believed her that Cooper was her ghost and partially responsible for solving the equation). Lastly, bad editing on Miller's planet, really? You want to watch a 45-minute conversation in an already almost-3-hour movie to drown out the tension waiting for the next wave because your brain can't fill in the gaps? The only thing poorly written here was your genetic code.

Hustler wrote:

You really don't understand what a plot hole is. Not one of the examples you cited would fall under that category. Just because Cooper didn't have as close a relationship with Tom as he did Murph doesn't mean there's a lack of interest. Tom is clearly more independent and around that age where boys start to distance themselves from their parents. Watch the messages scene and tell me he doesn't care about Tom. Apparently you've never been a teenager so we'll assume you're 12, in which case you must intimately understand the strong bond between child and the parent who took you to see this movie. As for adult Tom's "bizarre" behavior, this one is just plain stupid. Bizarre because he's a stubborn farmer that doesn't want to give up on what he calls home? Tell that to the people from The Dust Bowl. Let's see, what else can we attempt to stamp out like a wildfire of stupidity... Cooper's descendants ignoring him at the reunion with Murph? This is a guy that no one there knows or has ever seen, and for all they know abandoned his daughter (remember, no one believed her that Cooper was her ghost and partially responsible for solving the equation). Lastly, bad editing on Miller's planet, really? You want to watch a 45-minute conversation in an already almost-3-hour movie to drown out the tension waiting for the next wave because your brain can't fill in the gaps? The only thing poorly written here was your genetic code.
HOLY SHIT :clap:

Hustler wrote:

God damn based Hustler buried him

Hustler wrote:

Thank you for that.

ComptonTerry wrote:
Hustler wrote:

Thank you for that.
+1000

Damn, Hustler just won.

Hustler wrote: