Alternate Timeline???

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
hotsauce32 wrote:Guys, look at what's on my copy of The Dark Knight blu-ray. It's Batman with a silly face drawn on him by the Joker. How come this never happens in the movie? Is there some alternate timeline where Batman and Joker team up and borrow each other's costumes and makeup?
Oh my Nolan. There's certainly no way that was designed just for the box art. Deleted scene confirmed. Or perhaps... an entirely different movie where Joker IS Batman.

Lock this thread.

That's it, if in doubt make fun of somebody rather than offer a mature, constructive comment. Well done you.

DotDotDotDotDash wrote:That's it, if in doubt make fun of somebody rather than offer a mature, constructive comment. Well done you.
to whom are referring to?

And yeah, this thread is gonna get out of hand sooner or later.

Havoc1st wrote:
DotDotDotDotDash wrote:That's it, if in doubt make fun of somebody rather than offer a mature, constructive comment. Well done you.
to whom are referring to?
The people posting and commenting on the silly Batman (non) comparisons.
Havoc1st wrote:And yeah, this thread is gonna get out of hand sooner or later.
Why will it? And why does it have to?

DotDotDotDotDash wrote: Why will it? And why does it have to?
All i'm saying is that things might get OT sooner or later.

The thread is devolving because there's nothing of significance left to discuss on the topic. It's been established that the points brought up in the original post are either flat out wrong or superficial at best, trollish at worst. Most of us here are open to discussion, but there are far more important and interesting things to talk about regarding Interstellar that we don't need to resort to pulling unwarranted topics out of our asses. As (Christ)Nolan himself said, lock it up.

"lock it up" is just you trying to silence me because you feel your opinion is superior (incorrect), in the same way that Ian on the other thread has been not well-received. Not very democratic is it?

My question was/is a good one - whether you like it or not - at not at all trollish. Like I said, all one simply needs to appreciate it is an open mind and imagination. You might not think it is important because it's only a teaser, and whether or not it is Cooper or not, but I feel the opposite way.

And I GUARANTEE if Nolan himself came out and said "it's Cooper" but didn't elaborate, everyone would then be like "Woah!" and people would be discussing it because it BEGS discussion ( and why wouldn't it, he is watching a rocket take off that he was supposed to be on). Hypocrites.

Oh, and yeah there might be better aspects of Interstellar to discuss but that doesn't make this one any less valid. And correct me if I am wrong but this forum is hardly the hive of activity that it once was as most of the subjects you refer to have already been done to death since November and therefore there actually isn't much of anything new left to discuss. Hence my fresh idea. Something is better than nothing and who else would you have to make fun of? Ian?

If you think of something better to discuss then you are welcome to create your own thread and don't have to read and/or comment on this one as nobody is forcing you to. That's what forums are for.
Last edited by DotDotDotDotDash on April 9th, 2015, 11:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

DotDotDotDotDash wrote:Ridiculous to you maybe, but that's not a very mature way to have a conversation and I find that rather rude. Just because you disagree it doesn't make me wrong, unless you are Nolan himself. Even then, he has stated that his work is open to interpretation and that's exactly what I am doing. There is no right or wrong answer unless Nolan goes on record and clearly states it isn't Cooper. You need to be more openminded.

Who is holding Murph's hand is TOTALLY important. If it's Coop - which you previously said you thought it was, did you not? - then that opens up a whole discussion of How and Why? Teaser or no teaser, it still forms part of the overall narrative.
It is NOT IMPORTANT. It's NOT in the movie so who cares!!?? Im sure it's her grandfather. It doesn't form anything because it's not in the final product.

Even if Nolan came out with "it's Cooper"...it doesn't matter.

shauner111 wrote:
DotDotDotDotDash wrote:Ridiculous to you maybe, but that's not a very mature way to have a conversation and I find that rather rude. Just because you disagree it doesn't make me wrong, unless you are Nolan himself. Even then, he has stated that his work is open to interpretation and that's exactly what I am doing. There is no right or wrong answer unless Nolan goes on record and clearly states it isn't Cooper. You need to be more openminded.

Who is holding Murph's hand is TOTALLY important. If it's Coop - which you previously said you thought it was, did you not? - then that opens up a whole discussion of How and Why? Teaser or no teaser, it still forms part of the overall narrative.
It is NOT IMPORTANT. It's NOT in the movie so who cares!!?? Im sure it's her grandfather. It doesn't form anything because it's not in the final product.

Even if Nolan came out with "it's Cooper"...it doesn't matter.
I think you may be still having trouble grasping what I am trying to say. It DOES matter, teaser or not. If it IS Cooper (which I and others believe), then the question is WHY was he chosen as the character holding her hand when in the movie he was on the rocket at that time? Don't you SEE the contradiction? Jeez. And why choose not to pan up all the way, continuing to follow the rocket so we can actually SEE who is stood next to Murph.

Everything happens for a reason, and I don't think anybody in the industry just thoughtlessly throws in random scenes in a trailer that potentially might not make sense. That's not how movies are made. There is more to it. A lot of scenes we see in trailers are eventually scenes that get cut in my experience.