The "There is a moment..." scene

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
One woman next to me screamed JESUS CHRIST which casued everyone to laugh.

Conversely, when TARS says "Why are you whispering, they can't hear you?" the theater erupted into laughter the first time I saw it. The 2nd time, not a peep. I was like, "WTF Is wrong with you guys? That was funny!"

Something about a theatergoing experience makes funny scenes funnier and sadder scenes sadder when we're like one-brain watching it together.

sickofsickness wrote:One woman next to me screamed JESUS CHRIST which casued everyone to laugh.

Conversely, when TARS says "Why are you whispering, they can't hear you?" the theater erupted into laughter the first time I saw it. The 2nd time, not a peep. I was like, "WTF Is wrong with you guys? That was funny!"

Something about a theatergoing experience makes funny scenes funnier and sadder scenes sadder when we're like one-brain watching it together.
I personally didn't find any of TARS' lines funny.

I didn't jump during that part-At least i think i didn't. But i did go "Whoa".

When I saw a second time, the guy next to me went, "Jeeezz" while they showed the explosion in silence

a guy beside me mumbled "I think I just pooped" :blank:

Watching it with my dad, he literally threw his arm up like he was covering himself. It was such a fascinating reaction to see not just from him, but from the audience.

After second time, I learned exactly when it is going to happen, so I just entertain myself watching other people jump.
This Friday (Nov. 21) something funny happened. During all the "whoas" a "ohahs" on the scene, a lady in my row dropped her popcorn, after everyone had gone silent, her child made a huge laugh, and despite the shock and seriousness of the moment whole theater 'literally' burst into laughter.

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
sickofsickness wrote:One woman next to me screamed JESUS CHRIST which casued everyone to laugh.

Thedarknight628 wrote:
MeLVaNoaTe wrote:

lol, this

Saw it for a fourth time and still jumped. Incredible tension.