The "There is a moment..." scene

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Did you jump on the "There is a moment..." scene? Even after the first time?

Yes, both times. I forgot what word or line it happened on the 2nd time, so during his monologue I kept going, "okay NOW. okay NOW. okay NOW.............hm. I thought *BOOM*"

Lol. I jumped everytime.

Thinking about that scene: the fact that they're in space and Dr. Mann is just fine to let his chances of survival be reliant on an "Imperfect Lock". He's a fucking doctor man, he knew what that meant. Just shows how desperate he was yo.

You could even argue that that was his intention... (too deep?)

the_red_ninja wrote: Thinking about that scene: the fact that they're in space and Dr. Mann is just fine to let his chances of survival be reliant on an "Imperfect Lock". He's a fucking doctor man, he knew what that meant. Just shows how desperate he was yo.
Desperation and PURE arrogance.

I always think I know exactly when it's about to happen and it always surprises me.
The one time I took my young nephew he actually screamed at that part.

What was he gonna say?

Was he quoting Churchill?
There comes a special moment in everyone’s life, a moment for which that person was born. That special opportunity, when he seizes it, will fulfill his mission – a mission for which he is uniquely qualified. In that moment, he finds greatness. It is his finest hour.

Pratham wrote:What was he gonna say?

Was he quoting Churchill?
There comes a special moment in everyone’s life, a moment for which that person was born. That special opportunity, when he seizes it, will fulfill his mission – a mission for which he is uniquely qualified. In that moment, he finds greatness. It is his finest hour.
I subscribe to this.

lol I went to see it for the 3rd time today and there was a 10yr old boy sitting next to me with his dad. He literally jumped off his seat when it happened. Poor kid. :lol:

with every viewing in the theater, at least a handful of people let out a "ooh" or a "whoa"

I still get surprised even though I know exactly when it happens

it's a beautifully edited scene

The whole theatre where I watched it was shocked by that scene. It really took everyone by surprise.