How many times have you seen Interstellar?

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Watched it new years eve finally in 70mm imax, incredible, noticed a few things, sound was actually quieter than the liemax, the beginning seemed kind of dark in contrast but improved once they were in space etc, the imax shots were way more clear than liemax, theater was packed, apparently it sold out the first 3 days it was released here in victoria on dec 26th and they are planning to keep it here until early feb, I might have to sneak in one more viewing before all is said and done.
3 viewings so far, now working on the book, and a 4th viewing in february.

hotsauce32 wrote:Thought I could do with 5 viewings, but with the California Science Center showing Interstellar in 70mm IMAX, I couldn't resist a 6th. Saw it under the influence of some very potent medical edibles ;), and I was in as much awe throughout the movie as I was on opening night (can't believe that was nearly two months ago now). Seeing movies under the influence of some mj gets me very, very emotional. Hell, the cornfield chase scene got me teary-eyed just for the sheer beauty of it and the perfect soundtrack. Nolan and Zimmer are the masters of spectacle.
What theater did you see it opening night? I saw it Nov 4th Citywalk IMAX 70mm :gonf:

neb4ever wrote:
hotsauce32 wrote:Thought I could do with 5 viewings, but with the California Science Center showing Interstellar in 70mm IMAX, I couldn't resist a 6th. Saw it under the influence of some very potent medical edibles ;), and I was in as much awe throughout the movie as I was on opening night (can't believe that was nearly two months ago now). Seeing movies under the influence of some mj gets me very, very emotional. Hell, the cornfield chase scene got me teary-eyed just for the sheer beauty of it and the perfect soundtrack. Nolan and Zimmer are the masters of spectacle.
What theater did you see it opening night? I saw it Nov 4th Citywalk IMAX 70mm :gonf:
Yep, same theater, 11:30 PM showing that night :D

hotsauce32 wrote:
neb4ever wrote:
SO close to mine, 8 pm. And of course I saw it at Citywalk every other day to soak in the IMAX 70mm

hotsauce32 wrote:
neb4ever wrote:
How was it in the science theater compared to Citywalk? I know they are both 70mm IMAX, but I really like the setup at the science theater.

Is the science center IMAX DOME?

no...normal 70mm IMAX...but it's a small-ish theater and if you sit in the middle the screen pretty much takes up your entire field of vision

rhonkt wrote: How was it in the science theater compared to Citywalk? I know they are both 70mm IMAX, but I really like the setup at the science theater.
The seating arrangement is steeper, and they're overall closer to the screen then they are at Citywalk. I sat in the 5th row in the Science Center, slightly off to the left. The screen is pretty massive, I believe it's 10 feet wider and 10 feet taller than the one at Citywalk. I think that, in combination with the seating arrangement, contributed to the aspect ratio changes feeling a little less jarring than at Citywalk. The full screen IMAX scenes were amazing. The audio, in particular the dialogue, sounded clearer than Citywalk's.

Only thing I didn't like were the seats themselves. Citywalk's seats were way more cushiony and comfortable; the Science Center, not so much. Most of the IMAX movies they show only run about 45 minutes, and that's what those seats are made for. They're not meant to be sitting in for nearly 3 hours, and I found myself shifting around a lot.

Overall still a fantastic presentation, I'm hoping to see it one last time there.

Crazy Eight wrote:
hotsauce32 wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:
He probably meant digital IMAX, which is 4k resolution. At least it's what IMAX refers to as 4k; it's two projectors projecting at 2k each.
IMAX digital is 2K. Dual set ups don't double the resolution, they double the brightness. The image's are projected on top of each-other, not side by side or woven together.

Sincerely, a projectionist.
My mistake. I was mixed up with my digital IMAX info. Good to know.

6 times now. Saw it today in 4K for the first time and it was VERY GOOD but I like 70MM FILM better :gonf: