How many times have you seen Interstellar?

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
braungeo123 wrote:4 times. first three times in 70mm imax. Last night in regular 4k digital. The sound mix was MUCH worse in 4k digital than the lincoln square IMAX (I sometimes could not hear the characters' dialog in the 4k digital. Also, the bass was much lower and less forceful). I also feel that it did not resonate as much out of IMAX format. If everyone saw this movie in 70mm IMAX I think the response would be much more overwhelmingly positive.
I completely agree with you, I had the exact same experience with 4K. My question for you is, was the 4K projected on a regular size screen or an IMAX? Mine was screened on 50x70ft screen, beside the disappointing sound the picture quality was such a let down.

The 70mm version will be at our museum imax next week, so I'll finally get to see it as it was meant to be seen, I have seen it twice on digital imax, but I'm sure the bigger screen and bigger sound will be awesome.

Only 4 times. :( It's going off screens once Hobbit 3 shows on Thursday and I won't be able to see it again. No longer have enough energy/free time to sit through a film 9 times in theatres like I did for Inception.

Well, hopefully they will re-release it January in 70mm IMAX. I wanted to see it one last time, but the last show is today at 12:30pm and I'm supposed to work at 1pm.

5 times now. Once on 35 mm, once on 4k IMAX, three times on normal digital.

Most recently watched it with my parents. A different experience for me watching the parent/child scenes with them next to me.

josephcq wrote:5 times now. Once on 35 mm, once on 4k IMAX, three times on normal digital.

Most recently watched it with my parents. A different experience for me watching the parent/child scenes with them next to me.
Must've been cool to see it in a non-existent theater.

Crazy Eight wrote:
josephcq wrote:5 times now. Once on 35 mm, once on 4k IMAX, three times on normal digital.

He probably meant digital IMAX, which is 4k resolution. At least it's what IMAX refers to as 4k; it's two projectors projecting at 2k each.

hotsauce32 wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:

He probably meant digital IMAX, which is 4k resolution. At least it's what IMAX refers to as 4k; it's two projectors projecting at 2k each.
No! As I mentioned a couple times here. I know for the fact some IMAX or giant screens showed it in 4K which sucked both in pic and sound quality.

Just watched it for the third and last time, no IMAX this time, unfortunately. I have two little brothers (14 and 17 ) who are from different mothers and live in different cities but play online games toguether all the time, so I took them to meet up and watch Interstellar toguether. We all had a great time and both absolutely loved the movie, especially the younger one, who's a huge Star Wars buff. Surprisingly the theather was half-packed!

Thank you for being so fucking great, Interstellar! I'm gonna miss you.

Well that's it... the Providence Place IMAX is no longer showing Interstellar :cry:

No but I actually really am kind of sad about this. I was hoping I would get to see it one more time in IMAX, though I suspected I wouldn't be able too. I hope someday we all get a chance to see it in IMAX 70mm again. I know it's highly unlikely it would ever get re-released, especially in 70mm in the future, but I guess we can hope. Stranger things have happened. This is truly one of the few times in my life I would call seeing a film an "experience". Seeing it in this format really is just that. Few things compare to it, even every Nolan film isn't on this level of experience for me, just The Dark Knight, really. (I havent seen every Nolan film in theaters just TDK and onward) It was amazing and even better the second time. I hope someday I can have it again.

Anyways, I am considering going to catch it in 4K at my local theater. It will be there for a while (they were still playing Gone Girl until like last week) and I won't be seeing it this or next week and I kind of want to take a little break from it but I may try to check it out at a regular cinema at the very end of its run. It won't be as awesome as IMAX but I still love this movie no matter what kind of screen I'm watching it on...