How many times have you seen Interstellar?

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
thegreypilgrim wrote:I suggest watching it stoned.
word to this. i'd like to get pretty blazed, but i'm afraid i'm just going to sob through the whole thing. :D

Im seeing it tomorrow for my third and final time.

I thought last Friday would be my final time (saw it in 70 mm), but there's a chance a 4th viewing could take place Tuesday...

I've watched few days ago 5th and the last time but... I want to go again. This movie is like a drug :facepalm:

In 2 days it's gonna be my second and final time in 70MM IMAX.

Kind of sad that in a couple of weeks, it'll be the last time in your existence, that you'll be able to see this movie in large-screen cinemas.

myst4ry wrote:Kind of sad that in a couple of weeks, it'll be the last time in your existence, that you'll be able to see this movie in large-screen cinemas.
NO way most theaters are playing it till January or December. PLUS It will have an IMAX re run in February due to the Academy Awards just like what they did with Gravity after the nominations were announced

neb4ever wrote:
myst4ry wrote:Kind of sad that in a couple of weeks, it'll be the last time in your existence, that you'll be able to see this movie in large-screen cinemas.
NO way most theaters are playing it till January or December. PLUS It will have an IMAX re run in February due to the Academy Awards just like what they did with Gravity after the nominations were announced
i hope this is true.

I saw the film a third time yesterday (sadly a Non-Imax , and the same theater chain i saw the first time).

I want to say two things. Like i had suspected , the sound was way more louder than in the Imax. Like the walls were about to go down...on some more normal scenes. The bass had to be off. In some space scenes it was insane , everything was sorta shaking. It was a fun experience , but because of the reverberation of the bass in the materials , it becomes sorta of a jumbling mess of sounds. It was like a thematic park showing :lol: Imax was clearer.

Second , we lose so much image. On Imax every aerial shot felt huge. I was actually flabbergasted by them. It felt i was traveling with them The 2.35 makes it lose so much scale. They feel more mundane. The lack of vertical size makes the speed of the shot much less impressive.

gonna go for a 4th (and probably final) time today. going solo. i will always cherish my 1st viewing, but i suspect that, as an experience, this will be the most enjoyable: there just isn't anyone in my friend group who's going to appreciate it as much as i do. their reactions (or lack of reactions) kind of prevent me from fully immersing myself.