Official Director's Cut Thread

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
DotDotDotDotDash wrote:
titansupes wrote:It just means they shot a lot of footage. Various set-ups and takes and mistakes and alternates and tests etc. Not that there was a significantly longer movie that they cut right down.
Hmmm.... Source?
The source is how movies are made.

Sky007 wrote:
DotDotDotDotDash wrote:
titansupes wrote:It just means they shot a lot of footage. Various set-ups and takes and mistakes and alternates and tests etc. Not that there was a significantly longer movie that they cut right down.
Hmmm.... Source?
Haha seriously. Every movie has a first cut, which is usually 3-4 hours long. But only because nothing is trimmed. If somebody walks to the other side of the room to pick something up, the first cut would show that person walk the length of the room and pick up said item, rather than cutting halfway to him picking it up.

Nolan's said himself he never watches the first cut because it's so long and horrible. Not necessarily meaning there's a ton of more story in it.

Sky007 wrote:
DotDotDotDotDash wrote:
Hmmm.... Source?
Again, source? That's not an answer. If one can't back things up then their statements are nothing more than opinion. I choose to believe there was/is extra footage such as the scene of Chastain and burning corn, Coop and Murph holding hands, etc. And a ton of other stuff we didn't see. And that's MY opinion. And unless you can disprove that (which nobody can unless they worked on the movie), well......

Good Day.

Well I've read the shooting script and what we see is the movie…. There's your source. Like we just said. This is how movies are made. It's not a matter of opinion.

[/quote]

Again, source? That's not an answer. If one can't back things up then their statements are nothing more than opinion. I choose to believe there was/is extra footage such as the scene of Chastain and burning corn, Coop and Murph holding hands, etc. And a ton of other stuff we didn't see. And that's MY opinion. And unless you can disprove that (which nobody can unless they worked on the movie), well......

Good Day.[/quote]

Every movie has a first cut, which is usually 3-4 hours long. But only because nothing is trimmed. If somebody walks to the other side of the room to pick something up, the first cut would show that person walk the length of the room and pick up said item, rather than cutting halfway to him picking it up.

Nolan's said himself he never watches the first cut because it's so long and horrible. Not necessarily meaning there's a ton of more story in it.

OH MOVIE FORUMS!

DotDotDotDotDash wrote: Again, source? That's not an answer. If one can't back things up then their statements are nothing more than opinion. I choose to believe there was/is extra footage such as the scene of Chastain and burning corn, Coop and Murph holding hands, etc. And a ton of other stuff we didn't see. And that's MY opinion. And unless you can disprove that (which nobody can unless they worked on the movie), well......

Good Day.
It really isn't an opinion thing. It's the way it is, exactly as I said. Nolan isn't Peter Jackson (thank goodness). There's isn't a four hour cut of the movie coming to bluray six months from now. Nolan does all his editing in the script stage. The bits that are taken out in post (the shots you mentioned) are just a few shots here and there. He just elected not to use certain shots, trimmed things down, mistakes and plate work and tests etc. That's all.

I do believe that DotDotDotDotDash has forgotten about what his/her original question is suppose to mean.

lol

I could explain why. But nah. Why bother.

Nolan has never made one, he isn't gonna start now. If he ever makes an exception (he wont) I think TDKR is in much more need of a DC than this is

DotDotDotDotDash wrote:
Sky007 wrote:
DotDotDotDotDash wrote:
Hmmm.... Source?

Good Day.
Inception's teaser also had shots of Leo that were made specifically for the teaser. No reason Nolan didn't do the same thing here.

Also, this movie was terrible just like the rest of Nolan's junk, so get over yourself.