What's Your Favorite Scene?

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Lots of great scenes, but these are the one that stands out for me:
1. Messages scene.
2. Docking scene.
3. Rocket launch match cut.

Definitely the scene when Cooper was watching the videos his kids sent him. McConaughey nailed that scene.

Another fantastic scene, in retrospect, is
the scene where Amelia and Cooper find out that Prof Brandt's equation was a sham, and Dr. Mann defends him, saying that he made a sacrifice for the survival of humanity. Cooper calls it BS, saying that the Prof deemed the people of Earth hopeless in his arrogance.

We don't realise it then but Dr. Mann was indirectly defending his own actions (lying about the planet and planning to take control of the mission to ensure the survival of humanity).
That's just brilliant foreshadowing. :clap:

Okay, TARS was awesome. :lol:

Pratham wrote:Okay, TARS was awesome. :lol:
He gives R2D2 a run for his money.

GeniusNolan wrote:
I think the docking sequence will go down as one of the greatest scenes in the history of cinema.
The mind-blowing visuals, the background score, camera work, everything was so perfect in that scene. I was awestruck during that entire sequence. I don't think I've ever experienced in a movie anything like what I felt during that sequence.
Docking scene was epic, and I’ve read some reviews and comments by people who were disappointed with Matt Damon’s character although I highly disagree with that notion. I didn’t know that Matt Damon was in the movie in the first place, and it was such an awesome reveal and portrayal.

Another fascinating thing about the docking scene is its similarity to the famous “Open the pod bay doors, HAL”-scene in 2001, only this time the antagonist is trying to get into the ship while the protagonists are trying to prevent it.

"Docking's not possible." ~ "No but it's necessary."
That'll probably stand out to be my favourite bone-chilling scene of the whole film. :)

herviross_2 wrote:
Definitely the scene when Cooper was watching the videos his kids sent him. McConaughey nailed that scene.
This was a huge highlight for me as well. Sticks out in my mind most right now.

i loved it when they went through the wormhole...such great visuals

TARS and CASE deserve their own show or a spinoff film series.
;)