What's Your Favorite Scene?

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Miles Messervy wrote:I have to say, my favourite sequence was probably the launch, and then Michael Caine quoting "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night". I cannot describe it any other way than euphoric. Docking probably comes a close second.
Yeah, it's just brilliant.

Editing in the launch sequence was so un-Nolan (new Nolan, then?) - loved it.

m4st4 wrote:Editing in the launch sequence was so un-Nolan (new Nolan, then?) - loved it.
Lee Smith was working on a new canvas here and I loved it. So creative with his choices in a lot of sequences.

It's incredible... I was having shivers ALL OVER when Cooper sidetracked and headed for the drone, right at the start! Zimmer was godlike but the actors as well sold it for me - the adventureous feeling.

Miles Messervy wrote:I have to say, my favourite sequence was probably the launch, and then Michael Caine quoting "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night". I cannot describe it any other way than euphoric. Docking probably comes a close second.
Yessssss.

Also, the video message scene. Well, ya know.

Ruth wrote:Also, the video message scene. Well, ya know.
Aka the "Nolan you motherfucker, why would you do this to me" scene

ChristNolan wrote:
Ruth wrote:Also, the video message scene. Well, ya know.
Aka the "Nolan you motherfucker, why would you do this to me" scene
OMG I just remembered dat
Chastain message to Brand. How she questioned them whether they knew about them leaving others to.. suffocate. And then crying. Pretty powerful, damn.
Also the wave planet took me by surprise, too. Well, can't say entirely by surprise, because probably a tiny piece of me expected that, but still. This film is like a 3 hour long favorite scene, lol.

First time she was on screen saying that - Zimmer complemented the scene with horror tones. Actually, he did that all the time.

m4st4 wrote:First time she was on screen saying that - Zimmer complemented the scene with horror tones. Actually, he did that all the time.
Zimmer probably just mistook Interstellar for actually being a horror movie. Shit happens

Ruth wrote:
m4st4 wrote:First time she was on screen saying that - Zimmer complemented the scene with horror tones. Actually, he did that all the time.
Zimmer probably just mistook Interstellar for actually being a horror movie. Shit happens
Sorry that sounded wrong... 'complemented the scenes (and elevated them) - in that particular sequence with horror overtones, but mostly it was space ballet of epicness' :D