What's Your Favorite Scene?

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
So many good ones mentioned already. I absolutely love the whole
end sequence with TARS opening the door to reveal Cooper waiting to board the Ranger when no one is around. You get this great almost fighter jet pilot swagger (for lack of a better word) and pioneer determination very reminiscent of The Right Stuff. For Nolan's sake, watch that damn movie if you haven't already. The feel of Cooper's character was based largely on Sam Shepard's character Chuck Yeager. And it's just a very good movie. Anyway, the voiceover from old Murph about going to find Brand, and that music... just incredible.

Hustler wrote:So many good ones mentioned already. I absolutely love the whole
end sequence with TARS opening the door to reveal Cooper waiting to board the Ranger when no one is around. You get this great almost fighter jet pilot swagger (for lack of a better word) and pioneer determination very reminiscent of The Right Stuff. For Nolan's sake, watch that damn movie if you haven't already. The feel of Cooper's character was based largely on Sam Shepard's character Chuck Yeager. And it's just a very good movie. Anyway, the voiceover from old Murph about going to find Brand, and that music... just incredible.
Had this movie been made 30 years ago, Sam Shepard would have been the perfect actor to play Coop.

Hell, he still is.

I was hoping I wasn't the only one. Just had a discussion with a brilliant board member about the last ten minutes. He feels they could be cut, I think I'll never forget them.

Anyone else get a Star Wars feeling to that part?
Visually it reminded me of a TIE fighter pilot with the black helmet and the almost Death Star-like space port.

ChristNolan wrote:Anyone else get a Star Wars feeling to that part?
Visually it reminded me of a TIE fighter pilot with the black helmet and the almost Death Star-like space port.
Same. i was thinking about that throughout the film, whenever it was shown.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
Had this movie been made 30 years ago, Sam Shepard would have been the perfect actor to play Coop.

Hell, he still is.
Damn straight he is. I'd watch that movie.

Sandy wrote:
I was hoping I wasn't the only one. Just had a discussion with a brilliant board member about the last ten minutes. He feels they could be cut, I think I'll never forget them.
The last ten minutes as in
everything after the tesseract closing and the screen going to white as Coop emerges from the black hole? I don't think I would have liked that. I love the ending as is. For me it had this great Inception tone but with the feel of a more concrete ending. In fact, Coop waking up in the hospital room reminded me of Cobb waking up on the plane. But yea, I doubt I'd feel as strongly about the movie had it ended with the black hole sequence.

Law wrote:Brand: What are you doing???

Cooper: DOCKING.

cue absolutely epic heart pounding music
EPIC SHIT!!

Ericmase wrote:
Law wrote:Brand: What are you doing???

Cooper: DOCKING.

cue absolutely epic heart pounding music
EPIC SHIT!!
Not just music... Cooper's face, omg. I couldn't believe my own eyes. Now that's acting.
ChristNolan wrote:Anyone else get a Star Wars feeling to that part?
I just said that in some other thread... closest we'll ever get to seeing Nolan directing Luke Skywalker and R2. ;)

I got the biggest goosebumps in my life when
the movie began with the shot of the books from the teaser! I almost cried already!

The moment Murph runs against Cooper while his driving away is sooo powerfull and the editing is freaking amazing!

The moment The Endurance begin to spin... CHILLS!

The moment that Endurance is near Saturn is truly unreal. The music alone gave me chills. Also the imagery is haunting lika Brad Bird said!

The moment Cooper watches the videos I couldn't take it. I cried.

Docking-scene: OH. MY. GOD!

The scene when Cooper is inside the Black Hole. I cried again!
:gonf:

I have to say, my favourite sequence was probably the launch, and then Michael Caine quoting "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night". I cannot describe it any other way than euphoric. Docking probably comes a close second.