What's Your Favorite Scene?

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
This is so easy. When the camera stays with Cooper. That moment ! I rarely (rarely!) get emotional with a movie. Tears might have been shed !

There are so many of them, already mentioned. My personal favourite has to be Cooper's departure. A really breathtaking scene. Goosebumps all over. All the tape scenes were emotional, touching and fantastically executed. Michael Caine's deathbead is heartbreaking. All the adventurous sequences. (Saturn, wormhole, waves, docking etc) So many amazing and memorable moments. What a fantastic movie.

There is a shot there
with the Endure going into the blackhole. A wide shot similar to Endure being tiny against Saturn only now Endure much closer to us and against the blackhole as the background (going above one of it's created rings out of light)

Law wrote:Youuuu FUCKING coward.
McC sold that line. It was beautiful to hear. it was bliss to my ears.
I'm pretty sure there was another f-word, but got drowned in the loud music and/or sound effects. Forgot which part of the film and who said it.

I think it was:
The part before Cooper ejected.
Last edited by Havoc1st on November 7th, 2014, 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Pro
Law
Havoc1st wrote:
Law wrote:Youuuu FUCKING coward.
McC sold that line. It was beautiful hear. it was bliss to my ears.
I'm pretty sure there was another f-word, but got drowned in the loud music and/or sound effects. Forgot which part of the film and who said it.

I think it was:
The part before Cooper ejected.
"Because of his "fucking" arrogance." He said it under his breath

ThePhantomTerror wrote:Lots of great scenes, but these are the one that stands out for me:
1. Messages scene.
2. Docking scene.
3. Rocket launch match cut.
Where was there a match cut in that scene?

UnknownVariation wrote:
ThePhantomTerror wrote:Lots of great scenes, but these are the one that stands out for me:
1. Messages scene.
2. Docking scene.
Same. Was there a match cut? I don't remember if there was one in that scene.

Havoc1st wrote:
UnknownVariation wrote:
1. Messages scene.
2. Docking scene.
Same. Was there a match cut? I don't remember if there was one in that scene.
I'm positive there wasn't. It went from Coop driving away to the rocket blasting off. There was no "match" between those images.

The entire segment where Cooper leaves Murph, just incredible acting by McConaughey and Foy.

How do you pick a favorite scene from something like this? Holy hell..... I gotta' say the
docking sequence is one of the most intense, amazing, crazy things I've seen. And when Cooper enters the blackhole and the "5th dimension"...jesus. What a film