Interstellar General Film Discussion Thread

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
hotsauce32 wrote:
taylorimpromptu wrote:Guys. The Hobbit comes out Thursday. Which means that the next few days are likely the last chance any of us have to experience Interstellar in IMAX 70mm ever again.

I'm depressed.
Today's actually the last day for many 70mm IMAX theaters :( . Here's a list of 70mm theaters with the end dates listed: http://www.imax.com/community/blog/adva ... -sale-now/

Looks like a few theaters don't have an end date, I'm assuming they're showing it indefinitely? Mainly science centers. I don't get why the California Science Center doesn't have a print. They house a friggin' space shuttle, it would be so fitting to play Interstellar there.

I've seen it 5 times so far, I'm contemplating going for a 6th and final viewing at Citywalk tonight
Me too! I'm gonna go solo for my final viewing tonight. One last ride.

Yeah but NASA was growing crops underground and their tests showed that the blight would still end up killing the corn in the end. I'm pretty sure humanity had tried many methods to combat the blight, all of which had failed.

Unless Cracked thinks Chris Nolan is severely stupid to the point that he would not have given any of this a thought. Which wouldn't surprise me to be honest. They love to rag on his films on a constant basis.

ChristNolan wrote:Image

Yeah but NASA was growing crops underground and their tests showed that the blight would still end up killing the corn in the end. I'm pretty sure humanity had tried many methods to combat the blight, all of which had failed.

Unless Cracked thinks Chris Nolan is severely stupid to the point that he would not have given any of this a thought. Which wouldn't surprise me to be honest. They love to rag on his films on a constant basis.
Cracked has gone to shit in the last two years.

ChristNolan wrote:Image

Yeah but Nolan wrote Doyle's death though.

They really should re-release this in IMAX 70mm around Oscar time. Most people go to the movies around holiday season to check out the Oscar movies and Interstellar is already out of IMAX 70mm theaters. Sucks.

The Tennessee Aquarium is going to be screening Interstellar on IMAX 70mm from December 26th through January 31st. What's interesting is that this theater was not among the IMAX theaters who received film prints back in November. It makes me wonder if Paramount is taking the IMAX film prints from commercial theaters who are now committed to screening The Hobbit and sending them to other IMAX film theaters (mainly museums) that were not originally participating in the 70mm screenings.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2014/12/17/ ... creen.aspx

A couple of friends of mine went to the 3 p.m. showing at the Bob Bullock Museum in Austin. They said the theater was about 1/4 full which surprised them, they thought they'd be alone after all this time!

The Bullock is going to keep showing Interstellar through December 28th.

I live in Victoria BC Canada and our museum here is going to run Interstellar in the 70mm Imax starting next week, this imax theater is the biggest in BC, the other imax's are the liemax's, apparently there has been alot inquiries from people across BC wondering when Interstellar comes to the Big Imax, can't FN wait. I plan to see it twice in this format, have seen it twice in liemax. :D

Aili wrote:A couple of friends of mine went to the 3 p.m. showing at the Bob Bullock Museum in Austin. They said the theater was about 1/4 full which surprised them, they thought they'd be alone after all this time!

I just got back from the 9:45pm showing at Bob Bullock (my tenth viewing)! The theater was a quarter full as well, which made me smile.

taylorimpromptu wrote:
Aili wrote:A couple of friends of mine went to the 3 p.m. showing at the Bob Bullock Museum in Austin. They said the theater was about 1/4 full which surprised them, they thought they'd be alone after all this time!

I just got back from the 9:45pm showing at Bob Bullock (my tenth viewing)! The theater was a quarter full as well, which made me smile.
I have done ten too:).no more now.i ll buy bluray