Interstellar General Film Discussion Thread

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Awesome reaction, glad you loved it! :thumbup: And yeah,
When Cooper is in the tesseract yelling for Murph and begging his past self to not leave, I was heartbroken. Matthew is really just an extremely honest and amazing actor. You can feel every emotion he brings out and it hits you hard.

Vesh wrote:I know this has been discussed in the media, but what was with the sound mix? It may have cost itself the sound mixing Oscar with the dialogue often difficult to hear at crucial scenes.
It wasn't just McC mumbling this time! All of them were hard to hear. I think the music is just too loud. Don't know if it's an issue with the theater or if it's intended. When I saw Gone Girl there were whole bits which were inaudible the music was so damn loud.

Maybe it's trendy??

I actually had almost zero problems with the audio. The bass was a bit heavy in dialogue scenes but I don't recall missing any lines. I don't understand the complaint that the music was too loud? It has to be theater sound issues because the score is pretty subdued with almost no percussion throughout and long stints of complete silence.

ChristNolan wrote:Awesome reaction, glad you loved it! :thumbup: And yeah,
When Cooper is in the tesseract yelling for Murph and begging his past self to not leave, I was heartbroken. Matthew is really just an extremely honest and amazing actor. You can feel every emotion he brings out and it hits you hard.
It was effing amazing! Especially cause he was wearing a helmet, so how hard must it be to even show emotion cause his face is partially hidden and he made it so transparent he was so desperate and so terrified and heartbroken. Also, I was surprised by how good Matt Damon was. He's always very competent (like Ben Affleck) but never really gives an incredible performance. I thought that was the best job he ever did. I wondered if he was made up to look older, maybe he just really DOES look pretty old now. He and McC are the same age and the XMAX screen really magnifies all the wrinkles!

Aili wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:Awesome reaction, glad you loved it! :thumbup: And yeah,
It was effing amazing! Especially cause he was wearing a helmet, so how hard must it be to even show emotion cause his face is partially hidden and he made it so transparent he was so desperate and so terrified and heartbroken. Also, I was surprised by how good Matt Damon was. He's always very competent (like Ben Affleck) but never really gives an incredible performance. I thought that was the best job he ever did. I wondered if he was made up to look older, maybe he just really DOES look pretty old now. He and McC are the same age and the XMAX screen really magnifies all the wrinkles!
yeah lol, I had trouble seeing Jason Bourne in Dr Mann

Remember when chocobooby swore that the "love transcends" line was Hathaway, not Chastain? Well I'll be damned but he was right. Fuck that guy.

thegreypilgrim wrote:Remember when chocobooby swore that the "love transcends" line was Hathaway, not Chastain? Well I'll be damned but he was right. Fuck that guy.
Seriously just came here to post that haha. I was so certain it was Chastain, that is after abandoning my original thought that it was Hathaway. Another thing I noticed was that McConaughey's monologue from the teaser wasn't in the movie at all, right? Or maybe... perhaps I've just forgotten.

Hustler wrote:
thegreypilgrim wrote:Remember when chocobooby swore that the "love transcends" line was Hathaway, not Chastain? Well I'll be damned but he was right. Fuck that guy.
Seriously just came here to post that haha. I was so certain it was Chastain, that is after abandoning my original thought that it was Hathaway. Another thing I noticed was that McConaughey's monologue from the teaser wasn't in the movie at all, right? Or maybe... perhaps I've just forgotten.
What you have done there...I have seen it

Kinda
wished the shot of Foy holding Lithgow's hand ended up in the movie, but I suppose it wouldn't have fit with what they did. Still that was a beautiful shot.
Loving this movie the more I think about it. Thematically it might be his most rich and layered. But Inception is a never-ending labyrinth of density…. Def better character work here though.

Is it Today? Omg it is, it's the day I'm finally seeing Interstellar for the first time!!! Loving the reactions, keep 'em coming, still not clicking on spoilers. :gonf: