Interstellar General Film Discussion Thread

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Just had my third round and this is so definitely Nolan's finest... so far.

thegreypilgrim wrote:Just had my third round and this is so definitely Nolan's finest... so far.
Agreed. This one specifically I think he showed a lot of growth. But I'm sure he'll SOMEHOW top it.

thegreypilgrim wrote:Just had my third round and this is so definitely Nolan's finest... so far.
Absolutely. I mentioned this in another thread, but for some reason, 3 seems to be the magic number. Just saw it for a third time today and it was a totally different experience.

My ratings after each viewing:
1st - 7.5/10
2nd - 8/10
3rd - 9.5/10

I can't get to see it in IMAX :(

So can't wait to see the IMAX scenes in blu-ray :twothumbsup:

I think I might go for my fourth viewing this Friday. I just have that urge to watch it again.

I think the final shot could have been a sort of Cooper POV launching in the immense vastness of space. Cut to black.

genloovers wrote:
Lionheart wrote:After watching it a 2nd time...this is definitely top 3 Nolan. Even some of the stuff i kinda disliked ( especially the plot mechanisms of the ghost ) were completely brushed off. Some things are much clearer .First time i didnt knew who
Jesse was
:facepalm:

The docking scene is , easily , one of the greatest setpieces of American cinema. There is so much stuff to like. So much stuff to digest. Fuck , even Romilly wormhole conversation with Cooper sounded more natural the 2nd time . Story is actually way more streamlined that i thought when i looked back at the film.

Go watch it , because Interstellar biggest flaw is that , unlike Prestige and Memento , it can only be truly appreciated on a movie theater.
I'm really wrestling with whether this is Nolan's BEST film. After seeing it more and more, it's just amazing to see that such a movie exists. And the stuff people have problems with, I actually love. A truly amazing movie. People really need to see this thing in 70mm IMAX. The movie is absolutely amazing in that format. It's the only way to fully appreciate it.
Maybe i will say the same in a few years , after i've watched it many times. Right now i can't. I watched those two movies (specifically Prestige) so many times , and still there's always something new to discover. It resonates every time i watch it. It wont be easy to dethrone those two.

I saw the film yesterday with seven other people , and by the end they were all like...WOW , why the fuck was such a great movie on theaters and i had no idea :lol:

Why didn't they send more women than men? You know, with the fertilized eggs.

Die hard Christopher Nolan fans won’t have to pay extra to board “Interstellar” for a second or third time.

AMC Theatres and the film’s distributor Paramount Pictures said they are teaming up to offer an unlimited ticket, which allows them to see the outer space adventure as many times as they want for one price.

“Interstellar” has made $321.9 million since it debuted two weeks ago. The film follows a team of astronauts as they search for planets to serve as new homes for humanity. Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain star in the film.

The price for an unlimited ticket ranges from $19.99 to $34.99 depending on location and will be made through the theater chain’s loyalty reward program, AMC Stubs.

Theater chains and studios have partnered on more expansive ticketing, but in the past it has usually involved a digital download of a particular film or other memorabilia. AMC says this is the first time an unlimited ticket has been offered.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... p=features

Sigh... Some countries have all the fun...

There's literally no AMC anywhere near me, so that stinks.