How many people are you going with? Spreading word of mouth?

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Vader182 wrote:
Bale Fan wrote:I originally invited 5 guys, but 3 more have joined, so it's 8 now. :gonf:

The disappointing thing is they say they can't afford IMAX ticket price, so we're going to a regular theater instead. :thumbdown:
I'm not even kidding when I tell you to tell your friends to fuck off and see it in an IMAX theater alone.

-Vader
I second this notion.

Pratham wrote:
Vader182 wrote:
Bale Fan wrote:I originally invited 5 guys, but 3 more have joined, so it's 8 now. :gonf:

The disappointing thing is they say they can't afford IMAX ticket price, so we're going to a regular theater instead. :thumbdown:
I'm not even kidding when I tell you to tell your friends to fuck off and see it in an IMAX theater alone.

-Vader
I second this notion.
Thanks... I will see it in IMAX on the second time.

Vader182 wrote:Saw this with 18 tonight, 7 Thursday (with two repeats from tonight including me), and four (including me) Saturday. Everyone really liked it or loved it.

-Vader

Hey Vader, from the bunch of people you went with who weren't originally "dying" to see this, do you think they really liked this? Like, do you think they might want to see this again, or might they be thinking, "hmm that was good...okay, what other movies are playing". Obviously it's hard to know, but did you get that kind of feel? I'm trying to get a feel on how the general public will react this weekend. I think that anybody that is seeing it before Friday is a die-hard or big movie fanatic and is going to like it no matter what. Really interested about the general public.

InterGalactic wrote:
Vader182 wrote:Saw this with 18 tonight, 7 Thursday (with two repeats from tonight including me), and four (including me) Saturday. Everyone really liked it or loved it.

-Vader

Hey Vader, from the bunch of people you went with who weren't originally "dying" to see this, do you think they really liked this? Like, do you think they might want to see this again, or might they be thinking, "hmm that was good...okay, what other movies are playing". Obviously it's hard to know, but did you get that kind of feel? I'm trying to get a feel on how the general public will react this weekend. I think that anybody that is seeing it before Friday is a die-hard or big movie fanatic and is going to like it no matter what. Really interested about the general public.
In all honesty, it's a 50/50 with the general public (my prediction) The film requires absolute attention almost constantly, and a lot of people may not want to have to keep up with that.

My friends joke I've "indoctrinated" all of them, so they are not a suitable sample size to answer your question.

-Vader

I am one in a group of 11 going to see it in IMAX tomorrow at 8 pm....the wait is killing me.

I'm seeing it with 5 others Friday night in 70mm IMAX (in NYC). I would've seen it earlier, but my gf is coming and she doesn't live in the city, so mostly comes in on the weekends. The things we do for our significant others...

I'm seeing it tomorrow night on IMAX with three of my best friends. Two are guys and one is a girl. She's the biggest sci-fi nerd of them, on par with my sci-fi fanaticism. One of my friends is a converted Nolan fan because of me. I was the first friend to show him Memento and The Prestige, both of which blew his mind. So we're all excited for it. :gonf:

mouth legs idc whatever i gotta do to spread the word