Interstellar screening at Fort Hood on 18th October

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
OK, this probably should go under something else, but holy shit! I don't want somebody who could go to miss this.

Anybody on here who can get into Fort Hood?? I guess it's impossible for outsiders. I wonder why they're showing it there, maybe because of the bloody massacre that took place a few years ago? I don't think they have anything to do with space, do they?

This is from this Facebook page: Fort Hood Area Events

RECEIVED CONFIRMATION TODAY that actor, Matthew McConaughey WILL BE IN PERSON at this event. This weekend 18 October 2014 at the Fort Hood's Palmer Theater there will be a FREE Advance Screening of "Intersteller" with a special guest appearance by Matthew McConaughey. Ticket are available at Clear Creek Main Store and Warrior Way Specialty Store. Doors open at 1100 and movie begins at 1315.

I just thought of something. This must be the very first showing? And maybe Chris Nolan wanted to honor the memory of the people who died in Aurora without going to Aurora as Fort Hood suffered a similar massacre. If so, that's really touching.

Aili wrote:I just thought of something. This must be the very first showing? And maybe Chris Nolan wanted to honor the memory of the people who died in Aurora without going to Aurora as Fort Hood suffered a similar massacre. If so, that's really touching.
Perhaps, because otherwise I have absolutely no idea why this would happen, to be honest.

Aili wrote:OK, this probably should go under something else, but holy shit! I don't want somebody who could go to miss this.

Anybody on here who can get into Fort Hood?? I guess it's impossible for outsiders. I wonder why they're showing it there, maybe because of the bloody massacre that took place a few years ago? I don't think they have anything to do with space, do they?

This is from this Facebook page: Fort Hood Area Events

RECEIVED CONFIRMATION TODAY that actor, Matthew McConaughey WILL BE IN PERSON at this event. This weekend 18 October 2014 at the Fort Hood's Palmer Theater there will be a FREE Advance Screening of "Intersteller" with a special guest appearance by Matthew McConaughey. Ticket are available at Clear Creek Main Store and Warrior Way Specialty Store. Doors open at 1100 and movie begins at 1315.

I just thought of something. This must be the very first showing? And maybe Chris Nolan wanted to honor the memory of the people who died in Aurora without going to Aurora as Fort Hood suffered a similar massacre. If so, that's really touching.
:facepalm:

If that's the case, he should have a screening in the Tate house; there was a tragedy there too.

I wonder if anyone who attends this screening is going to end up spoiling it online afterwards. Guess it's time to start being even more cautious about what you read or discover on the internet.

HorrorBiz wrote:I wonder if anyone who attends this screening is going to end up spoiling it online afterwards. Guess it's time to start being even more cautious about what you read or discover on the internet.
Yeah. I sort of trust journalists, reviewers, etc. to pay attention to not revealing spoilers, but this is going to be a whole audience of soldiers and they're probably going to posting stuff especially to twitter. So people will have to be careful what they check out on socia media. I found out about it because on McC's twitter all these women were bragging cause they were going to meet him on Saturday. I wonder if Chris Nolan will be there too?

I think this is the first "public" showing so there must be something symbolic about choosing Fort Hood I think. McC is one of the Texas Exes being honored tonight in Austin. I wonder too if Neil de Grasse Tyson will be present. He's also a Texas Ex.

Does this public screening now start in about 45 minutes for the people at Fort Hood?

Grr...lucky basterds!

dsus4gtr wrote:Does this public screening now start in about 45 minutes for the people at Fort Hood?
30 min from now!!

People, PM me a warning if someone starts droping major spoilers afterwards

Omg. It's happening........like.........right now :shock: