Interstellar Countdown Thread

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
slimshady247 wrote:
MiracleSleeper2 wrote:It's official. I've entered the "losing sanity" mode of anticipation.

Has anyone else gotten to that point?
Yeah...

There's a theater right near my house that I could have gone to see it at tomorrow... but I have fucking exams, so I have to wait until Saturday.

Fuck me.
That's like... totally inhumane torture. If I was a prisoner of war, I could probably see them using that as a means to get me to talk.

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
slimshady247 wrote:
MiracleSleeper2 wrote:It's official. I've entered the "losing sanity" mode of anticipation.

Has anyone else gotten to that point?
Yeah...

There's a theater right near my house that I could have gone to see it at tomorrow... but I have fucking exams, so I have to wait until Saturday.

Fuck me.
That's like... totally inhumane torture. If I was a prisoner of war, I could probably see them using that as a means to get me to talk.
I have to wait until Saturday as well, but that's because I'm driving three hours to see it in 70mm IMAX. I want my first viewing to be perfect. :D

Operation Fuck You Work complete. Now the only thing between me and this movie is time itself. Seeing as it's now past midnight, I can finally say I'm seeing Interstellar TODAY (in about 19 hours). It honestly doesn't feel real at this point. When you anticipate something for this long (January will be two years since the announcement of Nolan's involvement), it starts to feel like you'll always be in a state of anticipation. That the thing you want will never really come, so when it does it catches you by surprise. It's as if I'm completely numb to the reality that I'm seeing Interstellar today. My mind keeps reciting the words, but I don't truly feel it. But it is here. And God-Nolan is gracious. Amen.

Hustler wrote:Operation Fuck You Work complete. Now the only thing between me and this movie is time itself. Seeing as it's now past midnight, I can finally say I'm seeing Interstellar TODAY (in about 19 hours). It honestly doesn't feel real at this point. When you anticipate something for this long (January will be two years since the announcement of Nolan's involvement), it starts to feel like you'll always be in a state of anticipation. That the thing you want will never really come, so when it does it catches you by surprise. It's as if I'm completely numb to the reality that I'm seeing Interstellar today. My mind keeps reciting the words, but I don't truly feel it. But it is here. And God-Nolan is gracious. Amen.
A-MEN!!!

Exactly 24 hours from now, my showing of Interstellar in IMAX will be starting :D

Can't believe we're almost there...seems like just yesterday we were watching that bootleg of the teaser on Instagram

taylorimpromptu wrote:
kanimaki wrote:Seeing it TOMORROW :shock: 39 hours to go!
Lol if you still have 39 hours to go, you're not seeing it tomorrow.
Yes I am. I posted that at 5:57AM this morning. It is now 8:08PM in my time zone. I'm seeing it TOMORROW 9:30PM. 25 hours to go.

kanimaki wrote:
taylorimpromptu wrote:Yes I am. I posted that at 5:57AM this morning. It is now 8:08PM in my time zone. I'm seeing it TOMORROW 9:30PM. 25 hours to go.
My mistake; I assumed you were in an American timezone.

4 more hours to ditch work. Two hours of prep time (shower, early dinner, bathroom break, etc.) 10 minutes drive, and 2 hours in line. It's here, it's real, it's hap :roll: :roll: pening now, I can't describe it....

Leaving in about an hour and a half. Holy shitballs.

Hustler wrote:Leaving in about an hour and a half. Holy shitballs.
The time has come.