Interstellar Advance Screening Social Media Reactions Thread

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Theodore ‏@TeddieLacy 16m16 minutes ago
@rianjohnson I've heard some ballyhoo that this is Nolan's most "emotional" film yet. Any truth?
Rian Johnson ‏@rianjohnson 15m15 minutes ago
@TeddieLacy Maybe the most overtly emotional, yeah
100% Cinema ‏@100x100cinema 2h2 hours ago
@edgarwright And tell us something about @RealHansZimmer score in #Interstellar please! ;-)
edgarwright ‏@edgarwright 1h1 hour ago
@100x100cinema @RealHansZimmer It's beautiful.

Please no discussion in this thread.

Reactions only.

Keep all discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=43&t

http://petewentz.com/post/100767196550/ ... ellar-last
OCTOBER 23RD, 2014 AT 3:23 PM
I got the chance to see the film Interstellar last night…
I am still thinking about it. It is amazing to me that in 2014 there is a movie that can make me forget where I am for a few hours- that when i walk out of the theater i am surprised that it has turned dark outside like I was when i was a kid. I love that a film like this gets made today and you can see it on a big screen… the visuals are insane, as is the imagination of the story. it reminded me of the spirit of my favorite movies growing up, but at the same time, was completely original and new. As so much of who I am is based on these amazing adventures I saw growing up- I am glad that someone is making them for todays audiences. If you get the chance go see this movie in a dark theater with a big screen and lots of popcorn- cause thats how it deserves to be taken in.
http://instagram.com/p/ugZWf2R-32/
abigailspencer:
go. see. #Interstellar #McConaughey #Hathaway #Chastain & entire cast SO wonderful. #Nolan brilliant. :clap: :clap: :clap: #nowords

Couple from IMDB, who knows if true:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816692/boa ... /236018402

"which you may have expected given the typical studio trend of beating critics with some biased PR, ie. pushing the tweets of established industry people who give glowing reviews in 140 characters or less.

I know two people who have entered screenings and came out with a good but average response, ranking it well below Inception, but infinitely better than TDKR, the latter of which was a real relief to me.

I'm only sharing this because I personally feel it's better to have tempered expectations going into what some believe will be the next 2001. Hearing lukewarm reception always serves to make me enjoy a film more!"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816692/boa ... /236021765

"One of my friends out in Cali knows a guy who works for Paramount and he was able to go to one of the screenings they had out there yesterday. On the phone he told me Interstellar was "breathtaking". Some of the most beautiful visuals he's ever seen in a film. He's kind of a science geek, so this type of film was definitely his forte. The film is heavily driven by its images to tell much of the story. I asked him what he thought of the plot, and he told me it was clever and satisfying, and that he enjoyed the conclusion very much. He said it was definitely a solid 9 film, but a 10 for the visuals.

Lucky him.
I almost wish I still lived in L.A., if I did I probably would have been able to go to that screening too. "

jason alexander ‏@IJasonAlexander
Saw Interstellar last nite (quite intriguing and thoughtful) and then dined under this baby. Wow.
Erica Beeney ‏@EricaBeeney
Saw Interstellar on IMAX last night. What I learned: The human race is doomed! Unless we put Chris Nolan in charge of everything

FYI to clear up - review embargo lifts 8am PT on Monday, tweet/reaction embargo is apparently until monday only for people watching this in LA :P
John Andre
I was there last night. Here's my 2-10 cents. Visually a work of art. Christopher Nolan = one of the most visionary film makers working today. Christopher Nolan needs to get rid of his script writing number 11 button and stop trying to make every scene a home run. Like music the best movies undulate invisibly rather than jump between richter scale 8 and crickets. The emotional manipulation became more and more evident as the movie progressed as the pacing was relentless yet oddly not propulsive. There 2-4 set pieces that belong in the set piece hall of fame. Hans Zimmer needs to have his number 11 button taken away from him forever and learn to play the flute. He crushed the movie, and not in a good way. With his relentless ode to 2001 I yearned for the humanity and nimble fingers of Gravity. All in though it's what blockbusters should aim to be. Ambitious, artful mainstream story telling, just with a little less dourness. Oh and Matthew Mcaugnanny (spell check please) was miscast. He's so much better as the dark heart of a piece. When he plays straight, I reach for my bugle. He makes you miss Richard Dreyfuss in his prime. And finally, IMAX is where epic cinema belongs. It's a nail in 3d's coffin and that can only be a good thing. Bravo Chris Nolan for leading the way.
http://www.hollywood-elsewhere.com/2014 ... witterfeed
(btw - NOT Jeff Wells)

Scott Feinberg ‏@ScottFeinberg 16m16 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
I come out of a NYC screening of INTERSTELLAR and hear there's a guy with Ebola in town. Get on it, McConaughey...

erickohn ‏@erickohn 10 minutes ago
There are something like 8 embargoes on #interstellar & I'm told I can only tweet 2 words so...read Einstein.