Interstellar Advance Screening Social Media Reactions Thread

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
This one actually made me laugh.
@MrMichaelShaw 4h4 hours ago
#Interstellar asks us to imagine a world in which a single hour can equal seven years. Unfortunately, it succeeds.

Some of these early audience responses to the east coast showings seem quite positive so far.
@ItsKeem 8m8 minutes ago
One word to describe #Interstellar: Incredible.

@AMFKNole 8m8 minutes ago
Whoa, that was a lot. #Interstellar

@Kremsicles 7m7 minutes ago
Fuuuuuuccckkkkk. #Interstellar

@WaynieTDot 7m7 minutes ago
#Interstellar = EPIC! But I would love to hear @neiltyson's point of view on the scientific authenticity of this film

@Ross_Wils0n 7m7 minutes ago
#Interstellar was amazing. Gotta go see it again

@Mike_954 6m6 minutes ago
The single most epic movie I have ever seen... #Interstellar #IMAX go see this movie! #McConaughey… http://instagram.com/p/vAPBuRMMH9/

@KeithCowing 6m6 minutes ago
#Interstellar is deep and amazing to behold

@vinnyg5697 7m7 minutes ago
I'm in love. #Interstellar

@ALeighclarke 6m6 minutes ago
Having now seen #Interstellar, I'm still more excited in the fact that I saw it in 70mm than the film itself. Beautiful print #filmisnotdead

@KevinMcCarthyTV 7m7 minutes ago
Wow! #Interstellar is even more mind-blowing the 2nd time! The 70mm film IMAX is beyond belief! Christopher Nolan/Hans Zimmer's masterpiece!

@DCfilmgirl · 3m 3 minutes ago
There is no possible way to put all of my feelings about @Interstellar into a single written review. Movie is absolutely mind-blowing.

@DukeD1989 6m6 minutes ago
Unbelievable. #Interstellar

@JackieOMoleski 5m5 minutes ago

OMG so #Interstellar mosrt realistic SF film since 2001. Excellent. A must see!

@GManMovieReview 5m5 minutes ago
Oh My God Interstellar!!!! Nolan delivers again! #Interstellar #ChristopherNolan

@ROJO36 · 1m 1 minute ago
I just saw #Interstellar in IMAX and I've never seen anything like it in my life. I.....can't. McConnaughey. Christopher Nolan.

@ROJO36 · 28s 28 seconds ago
Listening to @RickWesterholm and @MoDiazII break down #Interstellar were gonna be talking about this one for days.

@SandlerSteve 2m2 minutes ago
#interstellar was a 90 minutes too long and a bit confusing, but overall, a great concept and a great movie.

@tweetintoph 3m3 minutes ago
Holy shit #Interstellar. Like HOLY SHIT #INTERSTELLAR

@dherbolario 3m3 minutes ago
For Nolan to be able to make a film in that scale...big ideas..hard to explain but wow such an experience..#Interstellar #IMAX #70mm

@JoSammy87 5m5 minutes ago
Here's my one word review of #Interstellar: Transcendent. Also, could we get a TARS & CASE movie where they solve intergalactic mysteries?

@_NathanWilson 6m6 minutes ago
Words cannot describe. #Interstellar is a masterpiece. Thank you to @IMAX

@4thDegreeByrn 44s44 seconds ago
If you thought inception was complex....#Interstellar has it beat

@benutty 1m1 minute ago
I feel sorry for anyone that isn't on board with #Interstellar because it's insanely good. Surprised to say this but Anne is my standout!

@LifeByAngelina 3m3 minutes ago
#INTERSTELLAR WAS CRAZY. AMAZING. Watch this movie and learn about humanity. And quantum physics. Kind of.

@Manguel95 4m4 minutes ago
Interstellar is a must see. Forget what critics say, even with its flaws I left the theater amazed. #Interstellar #Nolan #wow

@Raine614 4m4 minutes ago
Speechless. #Interstellar

@kaiju_grroupie 5m5 minutes ago
if you can please go see #Interstellar . that movie honestly just changed my life. there are no words on how that film has made me feel.

@GraemeHarwell · 4m 4 minutes ago
#Interstellar felt like a beautiful love letter to Spielberg. It's a movie full of emotion and wonder while also having grand scale.
...I think you get the point.
Last edited by HorrorBiz on November 5th, 2014, 12:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Patiently waiting and hoping for Chris Stuckmann's reaction...

If Twitter is any indication, the general public is REALLY loving the film.

Miles Messervy wrote:If Twitter is any indication, the general public is REALLY loving the film.
Yep, or it will at least certainly help with the film's word of mouth. CinemaScore will be another indicator of the film's legs at the box office.

Miles Messervy wrote:If Twitter is any indication, the general public is REALLY loving the film.
Be careful. I don't think people going to a Tuesday night show are the general public. This is mostly Nolan's fans, but at least the fans seem to be enjoying it more than some of Nolan's supporters in the critic community.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
Be careful. I don't think people going to a Tuesday night show are the general public. This is mostly Nolan's fans, but at least the fans seem to be enjoying it more than some of Nolan's supporters in the critic community.
Ya, the people without Twitter may have different opinions.
My mom thought the film was gorgeous, but the third act left her in a dizzy. She's still scratching her head. But not necessarily in a bad way.

Vesh wrote:
redfirebird2008 wrote:
Ya, the people without Twitter may have different opinions.
My mom thought the film was gorgeous, but the third act left her in a dizzy. She's still scratching her head. But not necessarily in a bad way.
mine too

I saw it tonight at the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum (glimpsing the Discovery shuttle while waiting in line to enter the theater kinda added to the experience, it was neat :D ). The earlier 8pm showing was sold out and there was a big crowd there for the later 11pm showing I went to.

I really loved the movie, for my part. I mean I was predisposed to liking it because the scifi space exploration theme is a favorite of mine, but I went in expecting great things and I wasn't let down. I was definitely... confused over parts lol. My brother and I spent most of the drive home trading back and forth questions and trying to make sense of things. I'm hopeful that certain things will be a little clearer after a rewatch later. There's a lot of pseudo-science to process and I think some details got lost for me.

But again, I loved it! I barely noticed the time passing - I was riveted. :D

Ali Arikan @aliarikan
I loved INTERSTELLAR. Loved, loved, loved, loved, loved it. Absolutely fucking loved it. LOVED IT.

Seriously. My favourite Nolan by a mile, and the best of the year so far. I am gobsmacked.
Cool. Also interesting because I'm pretty sure Arikan has been mixed on most of Nolan's previous movies.