Interstellar Advance Screening Social Media Reactions Thread

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Naite22 wrote:It really is hard NOT to go over boards regarding excitement and hype when it comes to a new Nolan film. Interstellar truly sounds to be one of those rare films that will go down in the history book nicely put alongside 2001 & Star Wars.

The only thought in my mind from the get-go has been this: Will Interstellar leave me as speechless and as sweaty in the palms as when I saw The Dark Knight back in 08' ??? That one is my absolute best/greatest cinematic experience, ever - Hands down. Inception and Dark Knight Rises (while being VERY good!), didn't do for me what TDK did. Will Interstellar match TDK experience for me? GOD, I really really hope so!!
That is exactly how I felt after seeing TDK, and it's also the best theater experience I've had, aswell as my favorite film (not saying it's the best film ever). If Interstellar is able, to match the experience or even be greater, then I might just have a new favorite film. It's going to be really tough though, and I've lowered my expectations for the film.

Lucifer. ‏@_Louisattack 37m37 minutes ago
Putain je vais pas m'en remettre de ce film. #INTERDTELLAR
Merci, MERCI Nolan. Merci McConaughey.

Holy shit I am never going to get over this film Thank you, THANK YOU Nolan. Thank you McConaughey.

I just came back from the premiere in Paris, where I saw the film in 70mm.
First of all, I had the chance to see Mr. Nolan, and shake hands with McConaughey. But the film itself is the most incredible part. I'll write my review later on (sorry for my english, I'm french but I'll try to be as clear as possible), but what I can tell you is that IT GOES FAR BEYOND MY EXPECTATIONS.

I'll just make this point : for those who thought Interstellar was not Nolan's best film, you may be wrong. Do you wanna know why ? Because it's not his best film. IT IS HIS FIRST. Don't expect to see a new film that is like Inception, because it's not. Inception is an action film melted with the beautiful imagery, great writing and the fascinating imagination of Chris Nolan. But INTERSTELLAR is not an action film, it is a lot more than that. I'm not saying that his previous films were bad, not at all, I love them all as you do. But Interstellar is in a way his first film as an experienced director : it was epic and mesmerizing, but at the same time mature, humble, and very personal. It is his first film that goes far beyond his own filmography, and it announces more greatness to come.

And not understanding the scientific narration of the film should not make you hate it, because it is one of the purposes of the film, to make yourselves ask philosophical and scientific questions, such as : what will always make us human and even more human beyond time and space ? I'll let you answer to that when you will see the film.

I'll probably post my full review in a few days. AND YES, Hans Zimmer's score is the BEST score you'll hear in a theater in a long time. AND YES, Imax trailer 5 song is in it. :gonf:

john75 wrote:I just came back from the premiere in Paris, where I saw the film in 70mm.
First of all, I had the chance to see Mr. Nolan, and shake hands with McConaughey. But the film itself is the most incredible part. I'll write my review later on (sorry for my english, I'm french but I'll try to be as clear as possible), but what I can tell you is that IT GOES FAR BEYOND MY EXPECTATIONS.

I'll just make this point : for those who thought Interstellar was not Nolan's best film, you may be wrong. Do you wanna know why ? Because it's not his best film. IT IS HIS FIRST. Don't expect to see a new film that is like Inception, because it's not. Inception is an action film melted with the beautiful imagery, great writing and the fascinating imagination of Chris Nolan. But INTERSTELLAR is not an action film, it is a lot more than that. I'm not saying that his previous films were bad, not at all, I love them all as you do. But Interstellar is in a way his first film as an experienced director : it was epic and mesmerizing, but at the same time mature, humble, and very personal. It is his first film that goes far beyond his own filmography, and it announces more greatness to come.

And not understanding the scientific narration of the film should not make you hate it, because it is one of the purposes of the film, to make yourselves ask philosophical and scientific questions, such as : what will always make us human and even more human beyond time and space ? I'll let you answer to that when you will see the film.

I'll probably post my full review in a few days. AND YES, Hans Zimmer's score is the BEST score you'll hear in a theater in a long time. AND YES, Imax trailer 5 song is in it. :gonf:
Holy shit

john75 wrote:Because it's not his best film. IT IS HIS FIRST.:
This is probably the most intriguingly encouraging thing I've read about this movie.

Creative maturation is really intriguing stuff to see play out. Particularly with a filmmaker I've grown to appreciate tremendously. Very intriguing.

This French guy (who comes across as a real cinephile and very intelligent and articulate) put this YouTube up. He's super anti-spoilers too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMVztZhT ... youtu.be&a

He said Interstellar is the greatest film he has ever seen. He said (I won't translate the whole thing, it's 10 minutes long) that it is essential that people avoid spoilers so they can view it as Nolan intended. He said the first 20 minutes disappointed him and he thought, oh no, this isn't the movie I wanted to see and then he said the movie took off like a rocket and he was totally blown away. He loves the acting, he loves Hans Zimmer's score too, says it's Zimmer's best ever work.

He said he was so stunned and overwhelmed by Interstellar that for the first time in his moviegoing life he couldn't get out of his seat at the end of it. He also said he cried 4 times during the film and he never cries in films.

Aili wrote:This French guy (who comes across as a real cinephile and very intelligent and articulate) put this YouTube up. He's super anti-spoilers too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMVztZhT ... youtu.be&a

He said Interstellar is the greatest film he has ever seen. He said (I won't translate the whole thing, it's 10 minutes long) that it is essential that people avoid spoilers so they can view it as Nolan intended. He said the first 20 minutes disappointed him and he thought, oh no, this isn't the movie I wanted to see and then he said the movie took off like a rocket and he was totally blown away. He loves the acting, he loves Hans Zimmer's score too, says it's Zimmer's best ever work.

He said he was so stunned and overwhelmed by Interstellar that for the first time in his moviegoing life he couldn't get out of his seat at the end of it. He also said he cried 4 times during the film and he never cries in films.
I can't wait!!!

Please translate as much as you can, I am loving all this praise from the French audience that saw it :clap: :gonf: :).

If this ends up as my favorite Nolan film, or if I feel the same as he did...I just don't know how I'll react. I'll probably end up sitting in my seat speechless for quite a while as well.

Leo! Leo! au secours avec une traduction!

Anne Hathaway Exposé ‏@AnneHathabae 26m26 minutes ago
Matthew McConaughey and Christopher Nolan wore the exact same tux for the premiere of Interstellar in France.

LOL! This made me laugh. McC and Chris are already the same age, the same height and now they're wearing the same clothes. Next up: a remake of Twins!

Pierre Claisse ‏@PierreClaisseMC 26m26 minutes ago
The #Interstellar preview at #GrandRex was amazing ! #MatthewMcconaughey and #ChristopherNolan were there,we were all enraptured ! Excellent