Interstellar Advance Screening Social Media Reactions Thread

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.

Here's one that slipped by last night. David Ketchum is a contributor for Variety.
@KetchumAtMovies
INTERSTELLAR = Men, Women & Michael Caine? McConaughey a plus. Logic fuzzy. Nolan bombastic. Melancholy but miserable. Chastain is Bowie?

There must have been screenings in LA and NY tonight for foreign critics. These critics are (from what I understand) from Europe
@jphdarquenne: Just out of "Interstellar" and I really love it ! Great story, visually stunning and realistic… Kinda perfect...
@andrewpurcellny: Not sure whether having an astrophysicist friend at Interstellar would have been helpful or counter-productive.
@andrewpurcellny: Hans Zimmer's score for Interstellar needs a new word: relentportentlessous.
Spoiler alert: there are church organs involved.
Courtesy of Google translate
@CanalDidier: Before Monday 17h, no right to say that the film which I leave is a mind-blowing experience that left me dizzy and on the buttocks
Original tweet
@CanalDidier: Avant lundi 17h, pas le droit de dire que le film dont je sors est une expérience hallucinante et vertigineuse qui m a laissé sur les fesses

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/ ... try1730543
I caught an early screening. Holy fucking shit.

Also, the trailers didn't show anything important.

The hype is real.
Also the press screening was bloody packed. Not surprised given the hype around it.
Also nobody will be surprised if you've seen his previous films, but McConaughey nailed it.
Wasn't really tearjerky, but definitely had its emotional moments. That's all I'm going to say. I suspect the reactions will be interesting, especially from this forum.

Oh good, when someone asked if it's because she thinks it wasn't good she said
@MsKateRodger: @NanaJ9 Fret not.
:)

The conversation followed up

@MsKateRodger please tell me its because you're lost for words due to it being so good??
3:40pm - 25 Oct 14

And her response

@WanderlustRehab Some films are best seen with as clean a slate/mind as possible. #Interstellar is one of those.

not sure who, but i got the whole quote from an imdb person
Anonymous 10/25/14(Sat)13:52:44 No.49923883▶>>49923971 >>49923972 >>49923986
>>49923763 #

It's a masterpiece, it really is the most ambitious and audacious film of the past decade. The hard science will alienate some people for sure, but a lot of people will blown away too.

Ranking Nolan's films

Interstellar
Memento
TDK
The Prestige
Inception
Batman Begins
Insomnia
TDKR

Alexa ‏‪@Alexa_Michelle‬ 3m3 minutes ago

Mind BLOWN. ‪#Interstellar 

Alexa ‏‪@Alexa_Michelle‬ 3h3 hours ago

SAG nom comm screening of Interstellar with q&a with McConaughey and my favorites Hathaway & Chastain. ‪#perks

Interstellar - Christopher Nolan
"Interstellar is bold & ballsy. Huge ideas done in a concrete grounded way, and some of the finest space travel spectacle this side of 2001."

Another glowing review from yet another respected director.This one by Rian Johnson (director of Looper and Breaking Bad (Ozymandias)).

From earlier this week. I don't think anyone else posted this yet.
@adamdecarlo
completely blown away and overwhelmed by the scope and beauty of @Interstellar ! Incredible work Christopher Nolan!

Coy G. Koehler ‏@WhyCoy 9h9 hours ago
I saw a prescreening of "Interstellar" tonight. It was an excellent existential quantum mind swerve into another reality.