Interstellar: Non US IMAX discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
elemunt wrote:Still annoyed we have no pre 7th screenings in UK
There is. Leicester Sq is doing an 8pm preview on the 6th. Hopefully there'll be more.

^^^^ cool :)

Thinking that Science Museum are planning an advance screening too...

France:
only three imax theaters and they are all digital and in paris.
la géode for documentaries only
pathé quai d'ivry
gaumont disney village

so no analogic 70mm i guess :cry:

Zimmeredge wrote:France:
pathé quai d'ivry
gaumont disney village

I'm pretty sure they can get it in 70mm for La Géode, also for the Futuroscope and Cite de l'Espace. They are the three 70mm IMAXes in France I believe.

antovolk wrote:
Zimmeredge wrote:France:
pathé quai d'ivry
gaumont disney village

I'm pretty sure they can get it in 70mm for La Géode, also for the Futuroscope and Cite de l'Espace. They are the three 70mm IMAXes in France I believe.
problem is that all those venues are not made for cinema but documentaries or larger than life experiences (futuroscope). i'll send them an email during the week in order to know if they will broadcast the movie.

Zimmeredge wrote: problem is that all those venues are not made for cinema but documentaries or larger than life experiences (futuroscope). i'll send them an email during the week in order to know if they will broadcast the movie.
And that's the thing that Nolan is trying to do here, a lot of the museum IMAXes in the US which show only documentaries are going to be showing Interstellar - it's probably one of if not the only Hollywood film those museums will ever show. The use of IMAX in the film is definitely more like for an IMAX documentary, and those museum/documentary venues are the ideal places to experience this film.

Anyone here from Singapore? Will be going there for a diabetes conference in November end, so figured I ought to watch Interstellar atleast once in an IMAX there as well.

The IMAX website says that there are two digital IMAX theatres - Shaw Theatres LIDO & IMAX and Shaw Theatres JCUBE & IMAX. Would really appreciate it if someone could let me know which is better.

P.S - Apparently there used to be a real IMAX (the G V Grand), but it's not an IMAX anymore.. Reminds me of the situation we have with Prasads in India and had discussed on this thread a few pages ago.

Well the Empire IMAX Leicester Sq has confirmed that they won't show Interstellar.

But then again the two IMAXes in Central London showing the film are BOTH 15/70mm so YAY :D if people living in the area want to see it in IMAX, they'll get the intended experience.

kor
I called IMAX office in Poland and:

1. Sadly, we have several IMAX cinemas in Poland but none is the bigest possible version.
2. There will be only digital versions of Interstellar screened in Poland.

kor wrote:I called IMAX office in Poland and:

1. Sadly, we have several IMAX cinemas in Poland but none is the bigest possible version.
2. There will be only digital versions of Interstellar screened in Poland.
I wonder if we ever will have a "real Imax". :roll: