'Interstellar' Official Reviews

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.

Leonard Maltin, mixed to positive.
When it was over, I came away from the film with mixed feelings of admiration and frustration. Interstellar aims high (no pun intended) and offers an adult approach to science-fiction on a grand scale. Then, when you least expect it, the script veers into soap opera and melodrama, invoking trite and mediocre sci-fi movies from years past. This threatens to tear down everything Nolan has worked so hard to build up.

I wanted to be blown away, but I wasn’t. I enjoyed watching the picture, with its masterful cinematography and production design, and I always like seeing good actors at work, including John Lithgow as the hero’s father. Mackenzie Foy gives an especially impressive performance as McConaughey’s adolescent daughter. But Interstellar is not this generation’s 2001.
http://blogs.indiewire.com/leonardmalti ... w-20141104

Also, he noted the film's sound problems.
Incidentally, I was delighted to be able to see the film at the Chinese Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard, but dismayed that so much of the dialogue was unintelligible, in scenes both quiet and loud. I don’t know if this was a matter of acoustics or sound mixing, but it was maddening, to say the least.

Positive. She calls it the best Nolan movie after The Dark Knight.

Rating: It's a good time. No alcohol required.

Positive. B+