'Interstellar' Reviews Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
thegreypilgrim wrote:Wondering how long it's going to take before I feel like I have anything more to say than that.
Score out of 10?

Better then Rises? Inception?

stanley wrote:Better then Rises? Inception?
I mean, who knows how our tastes align, but yes, for me it is. It's his best.

I actually completely didn't understand any of the criticisms. None of the things that seemed to have bothered a lot of people even occurred to me. I was pretty surprised when I realized this.

It really didn't feel like a Nolan film, did it? He's evolving.

Everyone that just got out of it on the East Coast that I know on twitter all said they cried. Damn is it that emotional?

thegreypilgrim wrote:I actually completely didn't understand any of the criticisms. None of the things that seemed to have bothered a lot of people even occurred to me. I was pretty surprised when I realized this.

Without spoilers, how exactly is it different? Is it just more sentimental or is it more than that? Can you explain a little I'm curious

xWhereAmI? wrote:Everyone that just got out of it on the East Coast that I know on twitter all said they cried. Damn is it that emotional?
Anyone that says Nolan can't conjure up emotion after watching this is fooling themselves -- he fucking nailed it. I teared up at least 3 times.

ComptonTerry wrote:
thegreypilgrim wrote:I actually completely didn't understand any of the criticisms. None of the things that seemed to have bothered a lot of people even occurred to me. I was pretty surprised when I realized this.

Without spoilers, how exactly is it different? Is it just more sentimental or is it more than that? Can you explain a little I'm curious
It's hard to describe really. There's nothing specific that screams "different", and in fact when you look at specific things, it's pure Nolan. But as a whole it just feels very... new.

Can you give us a rating please, Dream?

Dream-Xtractor wrote:
LoneCooper wrote:Can you give us a rating please, Dream?
I'd give it 11 if I could. This is without completely processing everything that happened too, because my mind is still spinning (no pun intended) :P
How would you rank the cast?