'Interstellar' Reviews Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Allstar wrote:
Vader182 wrote:Didn't read a word from it.

-Vader
Oh, so you're just basing this off his past reviews. I see. Never mind.
I'm excited to read all the reviews after I see the movie on Friday...

I'm surprised the Toronto Sun liked Interstellar. From the looks of Twitter and such, it seemed that virtually all the Toronto critics disliked it.

braungeo123 wrote:
CoRohr wrote:The cursed screening in San Francisco last night

http://samfragoso.com/tales-from-a-biza ... screening/
An anti-Nolan critic definitely sabotaged the screening :ninja:
I wonder if the part where they just heard Michael Caine's voice was of him reciting the Dylan Thomas poem. It seems people have been saying its recited a few times in the movie.

Fixed. P.S. It's in the trailer
Last edited by CoRohr on November 4th, 2014, 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CoRohr wrote:
braungeo123 wrote:
CoRohr wrote:The cursed screening in San Francisco last night

http://samfragoso.com/tales-from-a-biza ... screening/
An anti-Nolan critic definitely sabotaged the screening :ninja:
I wonder if the part where they just heard Michael Caine's voice was of him reciting the Dylan Thomas poem. It seems people have been saying its recited a few times in the movie.

Thanks for the spoiler tag. I know it's in there but so are stock footage clips. You never know what's really going to be in the movie.
Last edited by InterGalactic on November 4th, 2014, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoRohr wrote:I'm surprised the Toronto Sun liked Interstellar. From the looks of Twitter and such, it seemed that virtually all the Toronto critics disliked it.
Yeah, he LOVED it. I'm getting the feeling that the big hitter critics are also maybe getting annoyed with a bunch of pissy little bloggers trying to control the critical spin on Interstellar. That's their job.

Aili wrote:
CoRohr wrote:I'm surprised the Toronto Sun liked Interstellar. From the looks of Twitter and such, it seemed that virtually all the Toronto critics disliked it.
Yeah, he LOVED it. I'm getting the feeling that the big hitter critics are also maybe getting annoyed with a bunch of pissy little bloggers trying to control the critical spin on Interstellar. That's their job.
I have the same feeling. The big name critics / publications have been positiv....a super majority at least. It seems like the smaller publications lean towards the negative.

Aili wrote:
A movie with big/new ideas is going to have backlash. If you're going to go big and take a chance, you have to be willing to accept some backlash. Bring it!

Mike D'Angelo - who had both Memento (as #1) and The Prestige (as #8) on his best-of-decade list - just gave Interstellar a 68 on his retarded 100-point scale, which might sound low but is actually pretty high because he's notoriously strict with ratings. Would translate to a strong 3.5 (out of 5). He'll probably review the film for either the A.V. Club or Las Vegas Weekly.