'Interstellar' Reviews Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Calum Marsh ‏@calummarsh
Interstellar is hilariously awful. Christopher Nolan is such a doofus.

So as expected a pan will be coming from this guy

lcbaseball22 wrote:So it looks like it is in fact Lou Lumenick who has done the review write up for The New York Post, not Kyle Smith despite previous article. Well not surprised but he's given Interstellar a perfect 4 stars :twothumbsup:

http://nypost.com/2014/11/03/interstell ... s-century/

Again Lou is one of the few NY critics who has loved many of Nolan's films (3 are 100's on Metacritic)
Impressive.

tweet to @rottentomatoes and @matchity (editor in chief of rotten tomatoes) that they made a mistake with the Denby review where he has it at 70/100 and RT has rated his review as negative

Anybody who uses "doofus" is too big an effing idiot to even consider reviewing movies.

ComptonTerry wrote:
Monicabbm wrote:
Jason Bailey @jasondashbailey
INTERSTELLAR: Overlong and overwritten, corny and self-important, and also a great movie. And yes, it can be all of those things at once.
Well that's... Interesting.
Pretty accurate description for several Nolan movies I would say.

hasanahmad wrote:tweet to @rottentomatoes and @matchity (editor in chief of rotten tomatoes) that they made a mistake with the Denby review where he has it at 70/100 and RT has rated his review as negative
Nice.

Ryan Hill ‏@J_Ryan 1m1 minute ago
#Interstellar: Decent movie but characters get swallowed up by Nolan's stratospheric ambition. Also way too many 2001 comparisons

Jason Gorber ‏@filmfest_ca 4m4 minutes ago
I can applaud its ambition and moments of visual splendour, but #Interstellar isn't stellar, its relativity relatively redundant

Jason Gorber ‏@filmfest_ca 1m1 minute ago
#Interstellar should certainly be experienced in @IMAX as a visual treat, but it's far more 2010 than 2001 with its crushing exposition

Chris Knight @ChrisKnightfilm
Wow. #Interstellar did not disappoint. Looking forward to (and terrified at the prospect of) writing my review.

Check that review, its pretty cool what he said.

:)

Stephen Elliott ‏@S___Elliott 7m7 minutes ago
Interstellar might have worked better with muppets. Just putting that out there

Eric Marchen ‏@EM6211 58s58 seconds ago
INTERSTELLAR is Christopher Nolan's SUPER 8.

sam pezz. ‏@sampezz1228 2m2 minutes ago
Just left a screening of @Interstellar. It was thrilling. An awesome cinematic experience, especially in 35mm film. Wow.

Jason Gorber ‏@filmfest_ca 47s47 seconds ago
It may be heresy, but I do believe I prefer OBLIVION to #INTERSTELLAR.and its unabashed homage to 60s/70s sci-f

Radheyan Simonpillai ‏@FreshandFrowsy 1m1 minute ago
Interstellar is more Matrix Reloaded than Space Odyssey.
It seems that Toronto critics didn't like it.