'Interstellar' Reviews Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
ComptonTerry wrote:Anybody know when Kermodes review might come??
Friday.

Elyk988 wrote:I LOVED it. It's not my favorite Nolan film, but it feels like a worthy successor to 2001. Not sure what to make of the ending, and I want to discuss the final shot, monologue, and its meaning for those who have seen the film.
It was so hard to hear, even in an IMAX theatre cause of Zimmer's amazing score at the end, what Murph was telling Cooper at the end. I think that she wsa saying that she has children of her own now, and he needs to go be with Brand? So then we cut to Brand, and she's on some planet (not sure which one) and then we see what looks like a colony of people with buildings?? IDK, it all happened so fast, anyone have a clue?
Cooper must find Brand because she is alone in a different galaxy ready for that long sleep

Was she alone? S
he had gone to Edwards (where they should have gone in the first place) but it looked like there was a grave there. There were lights everywhere which made it look like it was inhabited. When Coop leaves her to enter the black hole and they separate, the way McC and Anne look at each other, it's the first time you realize they're probably in love with each other but can't admit it. I'm not sure how Old Murph knew where Brand was or that her lover was dead and she would need some company! I guess Brand was there babysitting all the frozen embryos.

Just to go back to the Mark Kermode thing, here's a recent tweet. Can't wait to read his thoughts on a post-Wally Pfister film.
@KermodeMovie
I have just wrestled several thousand words about INTERSTELLAR down to a trim 950 for my @ObsNewReview review. Time and space are relative.

HorrorBiz wrote:Just to go back to the Mark Kermode thing, here's a recent tweet. Can't wait to read his thoughts on a post-Wally Pfister film.
@KermodeMovie
I have just wrestled several thousand words about INTERSTELLAR down to a trim 950 for my @ObsNewReview review. Time and space are relative.
Cannot wait for his review.

Most critics in my country hate it... :lol:

natalie wrote:Most critics in my country hate it... :lol:
which country is that?

rickfox wrote:
which country is that?
Argentina

natalie wrote:
rickfox wrote:
which country is that?
Argentina
I wonder why

which country is that?[/quote]

Argentina[/quote]

I wonder why[/quote]

Still bitter about the Falklands war and Chris is a Brit??