'Interstellar' Reviews Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
manithirani wrote:Has anyone posted this yet?

Jeremy Jahns has a review!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBeb5OAEwos

I'm a little worried now. I agree with almost all his reviews. :(
He gave it a "Good time, no alcohol required"
3/5... :eh:

lcbaseball22 wrote:Frankly I'm a bit more apprehensive now...with a few exceptions critics and publications who have loved Nolan's films in the past are saying Interstellar is not among Nolan's best and those who have panned Nolan in the past actually kind of like it or at least have some positive things to say. Not quite sure what to make of this, especially if Rex Reed gives his approval as well...
Something similar happened with TDKR. Some who liked TDK, hated TDKR. Some who hated TDK, loved TDKR.

I never agree with Jahn's ratings.

speakerzboomin wrote:I never agree with Jahn's ratings.
I usually agree with him, but there are times where I severely disagree with him.

speakerzboomin wrote:Kenneth Turan raved about it!
While raves were to be expected from Turan, Roeper, Lumenick, and Corliss...the unchanging opinion of these big names does give some hope, in my opinion. Granted there are a number of other critics, publications, sites, blogs, etc that have rated Interstellar lower than past Nolan films (Brad Brevet's review hurts a bit, being only a B as opposed to the A+ he gave Inception) and some Nolan haters that have actually rated the film higher...but these are the men who's professional film opinion I trust most.

Just Traver's left to sound off now, right?

EDIT: I forgot that Corliss only gave it an 80, that's a bit concerning too but hope my experience will side more with Roeper's :thumbup:
Last edited by lcbaseball22 on November 4th, 2014, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monicabbm wrote:D from Rex Reed:

http://www.indiewire.com/critic/rex_reed

The review is still not on, just the score.
Oh good, Hallelujah all is RIGHT in the world! Frankly I was going to be most afraid if he even liked it...

Just sucks that Reed's review is going to bring the Metacritic score down. Without his and Rocchii's Interstellar might have got into the 80's

Monicabbm wrote:D from Rex Reed:

http://www.indiewire.com/critic/rex_reed

The review is still not on, just the score.
Magic in the Moonlight and The Judge got an a,?gone girl is C ??
The LEGO Movie,Captain America: The Winter Soldier got D???