'Interstellar' Reviews Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Damn I can't wait for tomorrow! You all have got me pumped! :D

Zimmer's score was gorgeous; uplifting, adventurous, sorrowful, dark, brooding. His best work so far which is really saying something. The organs were a perfect choice.

o SHAKESPEARE o wrote:Has anyone who read Jonah's 2008 draft seen the movie? If so, how much has changed/how different is the final product (without spoilers, of course)?
I have read the 2008 script after seeing the movie and I can tell you a lot of things have changed.

James Berardinelli's 4/4 rave tho 8-)

That's gotta be like only the second or third to get it this year

Also, these three moments moved me to tears
Murph/Coop goodbye

Murph's first transmission

Coop yelling at Coop
Just thinking about that last one still affects me.
McC kills it

Vesh wrote:Also, these three moments moved me to tears
Murph/Coop goodbye

Murph's first transmission

Coop yelling at Coop
Just thinking about that last one still affects me.
McC kills it
Yup, also the last scene with Murph on her deathbed. Man this film was an emotional rollercoaster

I really liked it. It took me awhile to process everything. I think it's the best movie that Nolan's ever directed but it's not my favorite movie of his if that makes any sense.

I get the ideas behind the 3rd act but I'm not sure if I like how it's portrayed visually in the movie. It was bordering being corny/cheesy but I went with it. It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea.

yourstrulyinhd wrote:I caught an 8PM show tonight at AutoNation IMAX in Ft. Lauderdale for a 15/70 screening. We sat third row from the back, dead center, which are KILLER seats. If I'm fortunate enough to live a long and healthy life I'll probably discuss this movie in a conversation about "the greats" towards the end of it. What an experience. Massive, massive film. Really, a blockbuster experience unlike any I can remember.

That said, it isn't perfect. Even narratively, it's just not as coherent as, even, his more complex work. But I suspended my disbelief very early on and went for the ride.

The senses of scale and stakes are through the roof in a way I don't ever recall experiencing in a blockbuster. 15/70 IMAX probably helped with that. I'll be seeing it on 35mm soon to see how it compares. I got home and it was still on my mind. My girlfriend too. This is "cultural event programming". This one's gonna be remembered, folks. See it in IMAX.
I went to the same AutoNation IMAX in Fort Lauderdale but for 11pm. And I really understand you! :gonf:

I'm pretty sure there's more than 3.

I want to discuss this. Still... 1 Day to go. :(