'Interstellar' Reviews Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Fuck I envy all of you! Not seeing this till Friday :(

I'm am so glad you guys enjoyed. Great reactions.!! :thumbup:

Just saw it in Imax 70MM.

Wow. I have no words right now, still need time to process what I just saw. Will edit this post later today after a good nights sleep.

I was a little worried because of the mixed reviews. Now that you guys have given your reactions, I am finally relieved. All pumped up.

How do you think the general public will react? Will this be a money spinner like Inception? Will the common audience go crazy like it did for his last 2-3 films? What was the general reaction like in your theater?

Bacon wrote:
speakerzboomin wrote:I never agree with Jahn's ratings.
I usually agree with him, but there are times where I severely disagree with him.
Yea I also usually agree with him, then I saw the movie and now completely disagree with him. I expected at least a "buy on blu-ray" rating.

sharathbhats wrote:I was a little worried because of the mixed reviews. Now that you guys have given your reactions, I am finally relieved. All pumped up.

How do you think the general public will react? Will this be a money spinner like Inception? Will the common audience go crazy like it did for his last 2-3 films? What was the general reaction like in your theater?

How do you think the general public will react? - So far we're seeing a lot of "Holy. Wow. Mind-blown." etc etc on Twitter. Forget the dumb ass critics. When you watch the movie you'll understand why some are giving bad reviews, BUT to get around that you have to watch the movie in Nolans perspective. (It's not only a SPACE GRAND ADVENTURE EPIC FILM, that's all I'll say)

Money Spinner like Inception? Probably.

Go crazy? Yes. Peoples minds will be blown and it'll take time to process the film for a majority of the audience.

The general reaction in my theatre? Positive. The theatre clapped for a good amount and lots of people stayed in their seats just not wanting to move after the credits rolled.

That's just on my end.

Positive. She calls it the best Nolan movie after The Dark Knight.

Stuckmann gave it a B+ so I'm expecting Vader to give it no more than a B-.

ChristNolan wrote:Stuckmann gave it a B+ so I'm expecting Vader to give it no more than a B-.
How would you rank the performances?

m4st4 wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:Stuckmann gave it a B+ so I'm expecting Vader to give it no more than a B-.
How would you rank the performances?
McC
--------
Chastain
Foye
Hathaway
Irwin
Damon
Caine
Gyasi
Bentley

--------