'Interstellar' Reviews Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
hasanahmad wrote:
MeLVaNoaTe wrote:76 on MetaCritic now.
yes because of EW, they gave it 67 on MC
How the heck does a B- translate to 67 percent? Wouldn't that be low 80s?

Michaelf2225 wrote:
hasanahmad wrote:
You are right

A+ 95-100
A 90-95
A- 85-90
B+ 80-85
B 75-80
B- 70-75
C+ 65-70

Michaelf2225 wrote:
hasanahmad wrote:
This page explains MetaCritic's scale:

http://www.metacritic.com/about-metascores

I was always an RT guy. I don't like how MC operates. Neither ate perfect, though, I have to remind myself not to get wrapped up in any of it. It drove me crazy in TDKR days. I'm doing much better this time. I have to remind myself that so many movies I love have been shit on by critics at their time, and also that many movies I love still have bad scores here and now. My favorite film of last year was Only God Forgives, a movie that's almost famous for how many people hated it lol.

lcbaseball22 wrote:
leo wrote:
Aili wrote:Merci beaucoup! Better yuo than me. Ce sont des conards, n'est-ce pas?
En effet! Quite pretentious they are
Pretentious maybe but I have to say I was in Paris for honeymoon a few months ago and was pleasantly surprised by how polite the Parisians were! I had always heard the French hate Americans... :?
Parisians don't like anybody, even other Parisians. But they hate provincials the most! They're like New Yorkers.

Skyab23 wrote:Well we know why he went halfway across the world...it was meant to be an elaborate ruse, not even Borden knew of Tesla's abilities. But I don't fault the critics whatsoever regarding the sci-fi aspect. The film is set in the late 19th century. There is no mention or expectation of what is to occur in the third act. It feels almost wrong to have that kind of technological element in a film set in 1878.
the critics and viewers who thinks the ending was a sudden are wrong without a question, because they're not concentrating on the film's structure, narrative, sound and visuals, or even to the historical event that surround the Colorado section.

You said "not even Borden knew of Tesla's abilities", which is completely wrong, especially we did see Borden attend one of Tesla's exhibition to be inspired by him in theatrical term but even so I read that Tesla actually originate the idea of transportation.

Another reason why Borden suggested Tesla to Angier is because back then Tesla was famous for being a mad scientist who works in mystery and is known for his many wild inventions that are lost, or weird claims like having the technology to communicate with beings on other planets. Therefore the film is true in spirit, claims and people perception of Tesla, and the film brilliantly referencing the real time period in Colorado Springs where Tesla promised of major electrical inventions.
would then all of a sudden throw a huge curveball with the plot
It was never a "curveball", because the science fiction element is implemented from the first frame to the last one, and it will be apparent on second viewing, but unfortunately these critics are judging a film as dense as The Prestige without even trying to watch it a second time, which is the reason why I don't take their reviews seriously.

Does anyone here go to SlashFilm or Collider? Those are two of my go-to movie websites and they were hyping up Interstellar big time before it came out. After they saw the screening, I know Steven from Collider said he had to see it another time, but neither site has said a peep about the film since. I find it very odd.

Vesh wrote:Does anyone here go to SlashFilm or Collider? Those are two of my go-to movie websites and they were hyping up Interstellar big time before it came out. After they saw the screening, I know Steven from Collider said he had to see it another time, but neither site has said a peep about the film since. I find it very odd.
I haven't heard of them what are they for?

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
Vesh wrote:Does anyone here go to SlashFilm or Collider? Those are two of my go-to movie websites and they were hyping up Interstellar big time before it came out. After they saw the screening, I know Steven from Collider said he had to see it another time, but neither site has said a peep about the film since. I find it very odd.

-Vader
They're both relatively popular movie blogs

Vesh wrote:
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
They're both relatively popular movie blogs
Yeah they're pretty damn popular, he might've been sarcastic lol