'Interstellar' Reviews Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
The french are going crazy for this, maybe the movie works better when it's dubbed? :P

jabolino wrote:The french are going crazy for this, maybe the movie works better when it's dubbed? :P
ew

jabolino wrote:The french are going crazy for this, maybe the movie works better when it's dubbed? :P
Actually, a dubbing would make the supposed flaws with the writing even more noticeable. So, that means that it really isn't a problem, especially for Nolan fanatics like us who love his work, even with some writing quibbles.

Watching mcconaughey dubbed should be death by exile

Now Where Was I ? wrote:Watching mcconaughey dubbed should be death by exile
Yeah, you don't get the full Mcconaughey if you watch any of his work dubbed. My motto is, don't watch ANYTHING dubbed.

Is it confirmed that the French got a dubbed version? Any chance it was English with French subtitles instead?

hotsauce32 wrote:Is it confirmed that the French got a dubbed version? Any chance it was English with French subtitles instead?

It was not a dubbed version, it was a premiere with 2700 persons attending.

john75 wrote:
hotsauce32 wrote:Is it confirmed that the French got a dubbed version? Any chance it was English with French subtitles instead?

It was not a dubbed version, it was a premiere with 2700 persons attending.
So it was completely English audio? Any subtitles?

Do most French people speak English? I was under the impression that they (along with many European countries) did, but then again there's that video of Nolan and McConaughey at Le Grand Rex, and there was a translator present. Just curious.

In Europe I've usually seen that you can usually pick between dubbed and English language versions with subtitles. Kid films though tend to be dubbed (cause the kids can't read the subtitles).

In my experience, most French people don't speak English which is why I had to learn French when I was a kid.

You're right. I'm French and we suck at English. I'm a true cinema lover so I try to watch movies in their original langage but in France, about 90% of movies are shown in dubbed version. You need to live in big cities to find a theatre with original version.

I'm living in the south of France and I had to see Interstellar in Marseille in french version because I couldn't wait ! I'm ashamed but I had no choice. I hope there will be a theatre not too far away from my home which project the film in Original version when it's out to fix that.