'Interstellar' Reviews Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
The Washington Post accidentally posted their review and quickly took it off. I assume the reviewer is Ann Hornaday, but it's not available anymore to check. However, the title wasn't too promising:

'Interstellar' movie review: There's a lot, but does it add up to anything?

Wow even Rex Reed gave it a D. Still not good, not gonna help its score, but he's always given F's. Man I said it already but the reception for this is like The Twilight Zone

ComptonTerry wrote:Wow even Rex Reed gave it a D. Still not good, not gonna help its score, but he's always given F's. Man I said it alright but the reception for this is like The Twilight Zone
His scores on MetaCritic for past Nolan movies were 25/100, which is a D according to MetaCritic's scale. F receives a 0/100 on MetaCritic.

Oh really? With all of Nolan's films? I could have sworn TDK movie and Inception were F's. Even so reception is so different.

Monicabbm wrote:D from Rex Reed:

http://www.indiewire.com/critic/rex_reed

The review is still not on, just the score.
I just picture this dude with a angry frown on his face typing up his review. What a piece of shit.

I just find it rediclous that RT and Metacritic take him seriously and count him. He's not just criticized and disliked by Nolan fans, but he's not taken very seriously by most in is own profession. In his review for Batman Begins, he said that BB was "for stupid people"... Thats not reviewing or valid criticism, that's clearly unprofessional. Like 100% unprofessional. And that's just 1 example. He's done shit just like the more than once. That one in particular I remember.

HorrorBiz wrote:The Washington Post accidentally posted their review and quickly took it off. I assume the reviewer is Ann Hornaday, but it's not available anymore to check. However, the title wasn't too promising:

'Interstellar' movie review: There's a lot, but does it add up to anything?
Lots of reviewers does that. It's either trying to troll you into feeling dread before revealing the positive review, or they don't like the film.
Ricky93100 wrote:Profile on Christopher Nolan! With Special guest Christopher Nolan himself! If you're a true Nolan nut, you don't want to miss out on this. :gonf: :twothumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEIAQSjiPYE
Are you trying rack up your post count? :think:
Last edited by Havoc1st on November 4th, 2014, 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ComptonTerry wrote:I just find it rediclous that RT and Metacritic take him seriously and count him. He's not just criticized and disliked by Nolan fans, but he's not taken very seriously by most in is own profession. In his review for Batman Begins, he said that BB was "for stupid people"... Thats not reviewing or valid criticism, that's clearly unprofessional. Like 100% unprofessional. And that's just 1 example. He's done shit just like the more than once. That one in particular I remember.
That was the moment I realized to never to take him seriously. Make your points about the film but don't insult the people reading your review. He has a habit of doing that over and over in his reviews, including racist comments against Koreans in one of his reviews.

:twothumbsup: Hell Yeah!

Wondering how long it's going to take before I feel like I have anything more to say than that.