'Interstellar' Reviews Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
User avatar
Posts: 2491
Joined: June 2011
Bacon wrote:Christy Lemire's review is painful to read.
Painful from the standpoint of not understanding or from it being negative?

User avatar
Posts: 26164
Joined: June 2011
bootsy wrote:
Bacon wrote:Christy Lemire's review is painful to read.
Painful from the standpoint of not understanding or from it being negative?
She basically gives no reason why she believes it to be negative. It seems like she's just being negative because she wanted to be before she went into the movie.

User avatar
Posts: 2491
Joined: June 2011
Bacon wrote:
bootsy wrote:
Bacon wrote:Christy Lemire's review is painful to read.
Painful from the standpoint of not understanding or from it being negative?
She basically gives no reason why she believes it to be negative. It seems like she's just being negative because she wanted to be before she went into the movie.
that seems to be a lot of the critics that have reviewed this movie. They wanted to hate it/dislike it from the get go.

Posts: 279
Joined: July 2014
bootsy wrote:
bacon wrote:
bootsy wrote: Painful from the standpoint of not understanding or from it being negative?
She basically gives no reason why she believes it to be negative. It seems like she's just being negative because she wanted to be before she went into the movie.
that seems to be a lot of the critics that have reviewed this movie. They wanted to hate it/dislike it from the get go.
You try something new and the critics will crap on you (because they aren't used to it). I'm over it and will continue to love Interstellar for the great film that it is.

User avatar
Posts: 2491
Joined: June 2011
braungeo123 wrote:
bacon wrote:
bootsy wrote: Painful from the standpoint of not understanding or from it being negative?
She basically gives no reason why she believes it to be negative. It seems like she's just being negative because she wanted to be before she went into the movie.
that seems to be a lot of the critics that have reviewed this movie. They wanted to hate it/dislike it from the get go.
You try something new and the critics will crap on you (because they aren't used to it). I'm over it and will continue to love Interstellar for the great film that it is.
Yep me too. :twothumbsup:

User avatar
Posts: 3548
Joined: June 2010
Location: Secret Canadian Bunker

Posts: 134
Joined: October 2010
Dragon_316ca wrote:
I disagree with Kermode in the fact that Contac leaves some knots untied than Interstellar does. Now I too loved Contact, it IS one of the finest science fiction films of the last 20 years, it is a beautiful film, I saw it in the theaters and remember that experience completely. But I think that Interstellar is better simply because
In Contact as in Interstellar, as Kermode correctly puts it, love and faith is a center piece, however; in Contact, religious faith is right in your face, and the fact that Arroway clearly had a change of heart and clearly leaves her scientific skepticism to embrace faith (not necessarily Christian or Muslim or any other denomination) but is a changed person due to faith, kinds of cheapens it for me, now I'm a baptized Catholic however I don't practice much and criticize some of the fundamental dogma, but I feel that Interstellar by only referring to the abstract aspects of love and not presenting any type of religious faith allegory in the film, kinds of make it more appealing to me
Either way, yeah, Nolan has also stated that Contact and Sagan have been an influence in his development of Interstellar, as well the other classic Sci-Films of the past.

User avatar
Posts: 9412
Joined: December 2011
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Posts: 557
Joined: December 2012
Location: The Endurance
antovolk wrote:
Image
Image
Image
You seem very obsessed with THG for some reason

User avatar
Posts: 9412
Joined: December 2011
Bale Fan wrote:
antovolk wrote:
Image
Image
Image
You seem very obsessed with THG for some reason
Reasons not to be? THG, Interstellar and Hobbit are the biggest films of the year, and given how close THG is to Interstellar, potentially affecting the latter's BO, and how Interstellar took away IMAX from THG, it'd be folly not to at least keep track of what's going on...

And THG is the final film I've been really hyped for this year, now Interstellar's out of the way.

Post Reply