'Interstellar' Reviews Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Starwalker wrote:I'm Spaniard, so excuse me if I make mistakes with your language, I'll try to be understatable. I don't know what it's going on with your critics. Today was the first screening in Spain, and reading early comments, reactions and reviews it's clear for me that this is going to be one of the most powerful and ambitious films ever made. Interstellar is being massively acclaimed in my country, with much better reviews than, for example, TDKR. I've just read a review that says, literally, that this one is Nolan's best, reaching 2001: A Space Odyssey's heights, but warmer in spirit and much more emotional. Just brilliant. IN NOLAN WE TRUST! :D
Hey, i'm spaniard too, whe i can find reviews from here?

pd: hello, i'm new here

...and I'm new too Nexus92 :)
http://www.accioncine.es/reportajes/cri ... llar-xxxxx
http://www.fotogramas.es/Peliculas/Interstellar#critFG
http://www.sensacine.com/peliculas/peli ... /sensacine
http://fb.me/3XUjEhqAP (argentina)

Some Twitter comments
@mlertora: #Interstellar es tan enorme y abarcativa que no alcanza con verla una sola vez. Intensa, deslumbrante y emocional. Nolan genio absoluto
@toniolalarcon: 'Interstellar' es un viaje emocional a la space opera, exploración del alma humana en clave sci-fi que se aleja de la frialdad de Kubrick.
@Hector_Accion: Todavía no me he recuperado del visionado de #Interstellar. Sigo en estado de shock. Nunca se ha visto tanta épica en la pantalla grande.
@tgarciaramon: La sublimación de la opera espacial con un mucho de Sagan, una pizca de Hawking y un toque de Shyamalan.
Interstellar es PELICULÓN.
@VctorEsquirol: (1/2) 'Interstellar': Nolan y otro paso de gigante para consolidarse como pura religión. Su propuesta más arriesgada y ambiciosa. De una...
@VctorEsquirol: (2/2) grandilocuencia gargantuesca. No es malo, para nada, porque el espectáculo está casi al mismo nivel. Fascinante, intensa, FANTÁSTICA.

I read those french guys reviews and thats enough for me,because french still have some heart and real emotions left with their cinematography which i am a big fan of even tho i dont speak the language.
American and british journalists and critics just keep searching for flaws and "plotholes" while constantly failing trelax and maybe enjoy the movie,i mean just look at hollywood these days..
Tdkr was for me the worst movie as execution of 3,but also my most favourite one...But i dont think it counts these daya..
Thank you France im letting you know what i feel not what i saw on friday ;)

So after reading most of the reviews, the general consensus seems to be: "Interstellar comes just short of perfection," with a few critics saying it's a masterpiece and a few saying it's not even close. But interestingly enough, every critic seems to have a different explanation for why Interstellar fails: "too emotional/not enough emotion; the third act sucks but the second is amazing/the third act is epic but the second sucks." It almost seems like everyone is trying to rip at some aspect of the film because that is what the general consensus is telling them to do, but they're not sure exactly what to criticize.

Starwalker wrote:...and I'm new too Nexus92 :)
http://www.accioncine.es/reportajes/cri ... llar-xxxxx
http://www.fotogramas.es/Peliculas/Interstellar#critFG
http://www.sensacine.com/peliculas/peli ... /sensacine
http://fb.me/3XUjEhqAP (argentina)

Some Twitter comments
@mlertora: #Interstellar es tan enorme y abarcativa que no alcanza con verla una sola vez. Intensa, deslumbrante y emocional. Nolan genio absoluto
@toniolalarcon: 'Interstellar' es un viaje emocional a la space opera, exploración del alma humana en clave sci-fi que se aleja de la frialdad de Kubrick.
@Hector_Accion: Todavía no me he recuperado del visionado de #Interstellar. Sigo en estado de shock. Nunca se ha visto tanta épica en la pantalla grande.
@tgarciaramon: La sublimación de la opera espacial con un mucho de Sagan, una pizca de Hawking y un toque de Shyamalan.
Interstellar es PELICULÓN.
@VctorEsquirol: (1/2) 'Interstellar': Nolan y otro paso de gigante para consolidarse como pura religión. Su propuesta más arriesgada y ambiciosa. De una...
@VctorEsquirol: (2/2) grandilocuencia gargantuesca. No es malo, para nada, porque el espectáculo está casi al mismo nivel. Fascinante, intensa, FANTÁSTICA.
Translations:
Interstellar is so huge and encompassing that one view isn't enough. Intense, gorgeous, emotional. Nolan is an absolute genius.
Interstellar is an emotional journey a la space opera, an exploration of the human soul in the sci-fi genre that shies away from the coldness of Kubrick.
I still haven't recovered from the vision of Interstellar. I am still in a state of shock. I've never seen such an epic on the big screen.
The sublimation of the space opera with some Sagan, a pinch of Hawking, and a touch of Shyamalan. Interstellar is a BIGMOVIE (can't really translate that expression).
Interstellar: Nolan takes another huge step to consolidate like pure religion. His proposition more daring and ambitious. A gargantuan grandness. It's not bad, not at all, because the spectacle is almost at the same level. Fascinating, intense, FANTASTIC.

So far for me the consensus is U.S. critics have an agenda against Nolan that European critics don't have.

Well he shouldn't feel too bad. Alfred Hitchcock was considered a hack by American critics, his movies were too successful. It was the French New Wave critics who re-evaluated Hitchcock among others who had been disdained by American critics.

Until I see it this week, I'm going to put more faith in the French critics than in the American ones. There seems to be too much snark. They've decided Nolan isn't cool. Well American critics had decided Hitchcock wasn't cool either.

2001 and Blade Runner (and Blade Runner's my all-time fave) got panned too. Critics should spend less time trying to impress their friends and more really looking at a film. They're like a clique who want to be the cool clique. Last year, American Hustle got rave reviews and was the most disappointing film I saw all year. I was expecting a masterpiece. And after the Oscars, nobody has ever mentioned American Hustle again. Such a masterpiece and 6 months later totally forgotten.

I think the U.S. critics like to make a director's career and they can't stand it when fans make it for them.

The hype is real, thank god for the French and Spanish. Latin language master-race . Now we just need some raves from the Italians.

Aili wrote:So far for me the consensus is U.S. critics have an agenda against Nolan that European critics don't have.

Well he shouldn't feel too bad. Alfred Hitchcock was considered a hack by American critics, his movies were too successful. It was the French New Wave critics who re-evaluated Hitchcock among others who had been disdained by American critics.

Until I see it this week, I'm going to put more faith in the French critics than in the American ones. There seems to be too much snark. They've decided Nolan isn't cool. Well American critics had decided Hitchcock wasn't cool either.

2001 and Blade Runner (and Blade Runner's my all-time fave) got panned too. Critics should spend less time trying to impress their friends and more really looking at a film. They're like a clique who want to be the cool clique. Last year, American Hustle got rave reviews and was the most disappointing film I saw all year. I was expecting a masterpiece. And after the Oscars, nobody has ever mentioned American Hustle again. Such a masterpiece and 6 months later totally forgotten.

I think the U.S. critics like to make a director's career and they can't stand it when fans make it for them.
American Hustle was well shot and a decent film but YES it was highly overrated.

While Interstellar might not have the greatest screenplay (or win any awards for scientific accuracy), it’s epic in its enormity and in the scale of its ambition.
I can't wait to see these types of criticisms slowly fall in on themselves over the years after this film is released.

BlackSuit wrote:So after reading most of the reviews, the general consensus seems to be: "Interstellar comes just short of perfection," with a few critics saying it's a masterpiece and a few saying it's not even close. But interestingly enough, every critic seems to have a different explanation for why Interstellar fails: "too emotional/not enough emotion; the third act sucks but the second is amazing/the third act is epic but the second sucks." It almost seems like everyone is trying to rip at some aspect of the film because that is what the general consensus is telling them to do, but they're not sure exactly what to criticize.
I have seen the movie and I think it can be largely explained because the the third act is rather ambitious, and much less accessible than the rest of the movie. Overall the movie isn't perfect, and there is a lot that could made better but some scenes are just beyond amazing - which also explains the important discrepancies between the critics: for some this scenes will be enough to convince them, for others not. As I said in my critics, even if I have found many flaws in the movie it stills the best experience I ever had in a theater, the epic scenes were enough to buy me!