'Interstellar' Reviews Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
RT is 25/10 now. It won't move up from 71% though (went from 70.5 to 71.4).

lcbaseball22 wrote:
shauner111 wrote:
Anyways RT has it at 72 percent. Is there a delay in great reviews or something? Or will this movie remain in the 70s, which would be pretty damn depressing i must say.
Not great ones necessarily but The MIrror and The Daily Mail haven't been posted...and The London Evening Standard and The Times which are more mixed have not posted yet either, but should. :think:
Im sure SchmoesKnow will give it a great rating. Don't think they've seen it yet.
Aili wrote:The most influential critics are Variety (total rave), Hollywood Reporter (positive), Peter Travers, LA Times and NY Times still to come.

One thing to watch out for: in the UK, Nolan is not popular with the indie filmmakers (because they're jealous and he works in the US) and there are a lot of British indies trying to get Oscars this year (Theory of Everything, Imitation Game and Mr. Turner), so that will affect the reviews of some Brit reviewers who don't want Interstellar to do well because that will have a negative effect on the Oscar chances of the Brit indies.
Interesting.

If you tallied up all the reviews that have been posted on the Offical Reviews thread and then split the mixed reviews (5 positive and 5 negative) the score would be 79% as of now (if I did my math correctly)

CoRohr wrote:If you tallied up all the reviews that have been posted on the Offical Reviews thread and then split the mixed reviews (5 positive and 5 negative) the score would be 79% as of now (if I did my math correctly)
Are these including RT publications only?

Aili wrote:The most influential critics are Variety (total rave), Hollywood Reporter (positive), Peter Travers, LA Times and NY Times still to come.

One thing to watch out for: in the UK, Nolan is not popular with the indie filmmakers (because they're jealous and he works in the US) and there are a lot of British indies trying to get Oscars this year (Theory of Everything, Imitation Game and Mr. Turner), so that will affect the reviews of some Brit reviewers who don't want Interstellar to do well because that will have a negative effect on the Oscar chances of the Brit indies.
Baloney.

braungeo123 wrote:
CoRohr wrote:If you tallied up all the reviews that have been posted on the Offical Reviews thread and then split the mixed reviews (5 positive and 5 negative) the score would be 79% as of now (if I did my math correctly)
Are these including RT publications only?

No, just all the reviews that have been gathered online. Some are small publicications, others are bigger ones that are not on RT

What reviews need to be added to rotten tomatoes?

OpenBook wrote:

Baloney.
I may be mistaken, but it seemed to me that over the last 48 hours the vast majority of British reviews have been extremely positive...

Barrett wrote:
OpenBook wrote:

Baloney.
I may be mistaken, but it seemed to me that over the last 48 hours the vast majority of British reviews have been extremely positive...
Exactly.
Nolan is respected here just as he is respected elsewhere.

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:What reviews need to be added to rotten tomatoes?
Not sure how many reviews left that have been published are RT eligible. I know that some major critics have not reviewed yet (Rolling Stone Mag, NY times, LA times, Chicago Sun-Times, Washington Post, Huffington Post, Roeper, etc)