Interstellar Premiere (Red carpet)

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Another alternative for world premiere is Smithsonian's national air & space museum IMAX. The first theatrical trailer for Interstellar premiered there last May. :think:

cesar1st wrote:Another alternative for world premiere is Smithsonian's national air & space museum IMAX. The first theatrical trailer for Interstellar premiered there last May. :think:
Yeah could work if they do a DC premiere :) Or hell, it'd be even more symbolic to do it at the Boeing IMAX in Houston seeing as it's the home of NASA

Inception hosted the World Premiere in London so maybe even that's an option?

MuzzleSuarez wrote:Inception hosted the World Premiere in London so maybe even that's an option?
There's definitely going to be a Red Carpet event in London anyway. I'm actually planning to go there to have a selfie with Nolan :D

Premiere of "interstellar" will be the same.

DHOPW42 wrote:
MuzzleSuarez wrote:Inception hosted the World Premiere in London so maybe even that's an option?
There's definitely going to be a Red Carpet event in London anyway. I'm actually planning to go there to have a selfie with Nolan :D
Oh definitely, it's almost a certainty that London will host what's now known as the 'European Premiere'. Maybe this film is seen as too 'American' for it to premiere anywhere outside of the US first.

MuzzleSuarez wrote:
DHOPW42 wrote:
Oh definitely, it's almost a certainty that London will host what's now known as the 'European Premiere'. Maybe this film is seen as too 'American' for it to premiere anywhere outside of the US first.
Except that, of course, Christopher Nolan is British-born and is a British-American dual citizen :P But yeah, it will probably have its world premiere in the US, still, a London red carpet event is a certainty. Be there if you can, it's an experience!

DHOPW42 wrote:Except that, of course, Christopher Nolan is British-born and is a British-American dual citizen :P But yeah, it will probably have its world premiere in the US, still, a London red carpet event is a certainty. Be there if you can, it's an experience!
Yeah I know but the narrative of Interstellar is America centric. It'll be set in rural America for a huge chunk of the movie, an American mission into space with a primarily American cast (that's a change for Nolan :lol: ). Inception with it's international cast and it's globe trotting Bond-esque narrative, it made sense to premiere it first in the most international of cities that is London. And then you have the Batman films, Batman being a very American icon so they premiered in NYC. That's how I ee it anyway.

Do we know where all the premieres will take place? I keep hoping there'll be one in Austin cause the last week in October is the Austin Film Festival and it's McC's hometown. Jon Stewart's doing the Daily Show all that week from Austin so it would be a good place to generate even more buzz.

Well I HOPE so.