Interstellar TV Spots

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Dragon_316ca wrote:It's online now :D
Now with the better definition, it sounds like Romilly says "seven years", not "several". I'm listening with some pretty good quality headphones, and I'm 100% sure it's "seven".

At the 39-40 sec. mark, what is that strange structure moving in the distance to the left of the big structure in the middle?

Yeeeah. Looks sweet.

dsus4gtr wrote:At the 39-40 sec. mark, what is that strange structure moving in the distance to the left of the big structure in the middle?
I think it's a major plot point, so I'm not sure if you want to know or not...
It's the American flag.

Top image: Saturn plus some of its moons, with the location of the wormhole highlighted. The wormhole is apparently in a highly inclined orbit around the planet.

Bottom image: their first images of the wormhole, showing twisted and distorted versions of the nebulae on the other side. The image had to have been taken by a probe near Saturn; the wormhole is far too small to get that kind of image from Earth-based telescopes.

Assuming the top image of Saturn wasn't randomly chosen, we can use this to calculate when exactly INTERSTELLAR takes place, since Saturn's shadow on its rings only looks like that once an orbit. The last time it looked like that was in 2004, and the planet's orbital period is ~29.5 years, so INTERSTELLAR takes place in either 2034, 2063, or 2093. We know from the Empire article that Endurance was constructed over a 20-year period, so I'd bet on 2063 as the most probable year the story starts.

This scene seems to be in the same meeting room that Cooper's in at the ~9 sec. mark in the TV spot; it's probably where they first tell him about the wormhole. Maybe he'll say "my God, it's full of stars!" when he first sees it! :lol:

Dragon_316ca wrote:It's online now :D
because mines not.
Last edited by Starfox on September 27th, 2014, 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AMAZING TV SPOT! :gonf:

If you want a look at TARS's mechanics/movements, check out 0:29. You can see TARS extend one of its joint to brace itself for the fall. Thought that was interesting.

The line cuts off because, as the guy told me, the TV spot is where the DVR split the recordings of the pre-game and the match for the AFL Grand Final, he had to join them together.

stoifics42 wrote:Image

Top image: Saturn plus some of its moons, with the location of the wormhole highlighted. The wormhole is apparently in a highly inclined orbit around the planet.

Bottom image: their first images of the wormhole, showing twisted and distorted versions of the nebulae on the other side. The image had to have been taken by a probe near Saturn; the wormhole is far too small to get that kind of image from Earth-based telescopes.

Assuming the top image of Saturn wasn't randomly chosen, we can use this to calculate when exactly INTERSTELLAR takes place, since Saturn's shadow on its rings only looks like that once an orbit. The last time it looked like that was in 2004, and the planet's orbital period is ~29.5 years, so INTERSTELLAR takes place in either 2034, 2063, or 2093. We know from the Empire article that Endurance was constructed over a 20-year period, so I'd bet on 2063 as the most probable year the story starts.

This scene seems to be in the same meeting room that Cooper's in at the ~9 sec. mark in the TV spot; it's probably where they first tell him about the wormhole. Maybe he'll say "my God, it's full of stars!" when he first sees it! :lol:
Great stuff. Thank you.