Interstellar TV Spots

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Havoc1st wrote:
sickofsickness wrote:Let me ask you kind folks something.

I've seen it twice now, and I loved it more a 2nd time, and after reading all the threads here, I want to go a 3rd time. I'm telling everyone about this film. I LOVE it much more than I did when I walked out of the theater the first time. It's a beautiful, haunting, masterful work of art....

With that said, is it me or do these TV spots suck? They seem to misrepresent the film, make it look like a popcorn action flick, or predictable and lame. If I were going by the spots alone, it wouldn't intrigue me.

I feel like they do more damage than good.

Am I alone in that?
Yeah, the Tv spots are bad. But how do you make the tv spots more intriguing?
I have an answer for you but it does not appeal to the 15-second attention-span, GIMME BOOM! NOW crowd.

Have spooky dialog over space shots.

Or use a shorter version of the teaser.

Maybe use an extended take of McC driving away and use Tyler-Durden style quick cuts of other scenes, like Mann's planet, or the rocket launch.

There are 1,000 ways NOT to do what they did. Just dont show anything.

Like I said, this is not going to appeal to the masses, but for ME, I knew too much going in. I mean I knew very little, but still, too much.

One spot on saw on TV ended with the "Deal? Deal!" convo with Coop and Murph over being more scientific and it makes it look so cute. Like it's a cute family film.

Side note: I have a musician friend who is kinda a math genius. He doesn't do movies. He wrote a song about being stuck in a tesseract like 4 years ago and I kept saying to him "SEE THIS FUCKING MOVIE!" and I had to spoil it for him by saying "THERES A TESSERACT SCENE!" and now he wants to see it. But I ruined that whole part for him.

But hopefully it will get his ass in the seat.

I feel like my life won't be complete until I find this music. :(

Miles Messervy wrote:I feel like my life won't be complete until I find this music. :(

I've been looking for this everywhere also! Does anyone know?!

This TV-spot from 0:15 to 0:30

reminds me of this TV-spot from 'Inception':

It's based on the music 8-)