Interstellar TV Spots

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Ricky93100 wrote:I saw a brand new tv spot at Chilli's. It was during the Patriots game. It had a qoute from one of my favorite critics, Peter Travers of Rolling Stone. Also another qoute from Time. I didn't really hear or read what it said as the tv was too far for my blind eyes and it was loud in the restaurant. I THINK Peter Travers called it a "Nirvana for movie lovers" as it was a big text but the others were hard to read for me. Anyways, he said the EXACT same thing in his "The Master" review in which he gave it 4/4 stars.
Haha. I like Travers, but he's kind of a TV spot quote whore. I remember for TDK his TV spot/RT quote was "The Dark Knight soars on the wings of untamed imagination"...which was exactly (verbatim) how he described Hellboy.

Barrett wrote:
Ricky93100 wrote:I saw a brand new tv spot at Chilli's. It was during the Patriots game. It had a qoute from one of my favorite critics, Peter Travers of Rolling Stone. Also another qoute from Time. I didn't really hear or read what it said as the tv was too far for my blind eyes and it was loud in the restaurant. I THINK Peter Travers called it a "Nirvana for movie lovers" as it was a big text but the others were hard to read for me. Anyways, he said the EXACT same thing in his "The Master" review in which he gave it 4/4 stars.
Haha. I like Travers, but he's kind of a TV spot quote whore. I remember for TDK his TV spot/RT quote was "The Dark Knight soars on the wings of untamed imagination"...which was exactly (verbatim) how he described Hellboy.
I'll bet a lot on Travers giving it a 3.5/4 considering he has it at #5 on his Best Picture list.
#6 is Grand Budapest Hotel which he gave a 3.5/4

There's the slight chance that Travers gave the film 4/4 stars, but he's never given a Nolan film that high of a rating so I'm going to guess that he gave it 3.5/4 for now.

HorrorBiz wrote:There was a spot played during the Broncos-Patriots game a little while ago that included some rave quotes from Rolling Stone and Time Magazine.
I believe this is the same one I just saw on my DVR recording of Brooklyn Nine Nine. Couple new shots; several critic quotes. I've recorded and uploaded it here for your viewing pleasure:

https://mega.co.nz/#!1UVRGAKL!mU6WWU23U ... bgUzIWFnzc

Barrett wrote:
Lol he is totally a tv spot/dvd cover whore but he knows a lot about filmmaking unlike all the other snobbish "proffesional critics". So when he calls Inception "James Bond meets the Matrix", or The Dark Knight Rises "King Daddy of summer blockbusters", :lol: i find it funny but it also gets me pumped because i know he actually means it. And i almost always agree with his opinions and ratings.

CoMeT wrote:
Barrett wrote:
I'll bet a lot on Travers giving it a 3.5/4 considering he has it at #5 on his Best Picture list.
#6 is Grand Budapest Hotel which he gave a 3.5/4
I'll bet my apartment room that he gave it a 3.5. Which in his standards, is VERY good. He has never given a Nolan film anything under 3/4. Batman Begins and Insomnia being the only ones with a 3/4. Every other Nolan film he gave a 3.5 but never a 4/4. So i think it's safe to say he's a Nolan nut like all of us but he 4/4 wouldn't be that suprising but i doubt it.

Barrett wrote:
HorrorBiz wrote:There was a spot played during the Broncos-Patriots game a little while ago that included some rave quotes from Rolling Stone and Time Magazine.
I believe this is the same one I just saw on my DVR recording of Brooklyn Nine Nine. Couple new shots; several critic quotes. I've recorded and uploaded it here for your viewing pleasure:

https://mega.co.nz/#!1UVRGAKL!mU6WWU23U ... bgUzIWFnzc
Thanks for the link. I laughed when it said "Nirvana for Movie Lovers." They have to do anything to grab the GA :gonf:

One Nirvana for Movie Lovers - coming up! 8-)

Ricky93100 wrote:
I'll bet my apartment room that he gave it a 3.5. Which in his standards, is VERY good. He has never given a Nolan film anything under 3/4. Batman Begins and Insomnia being the only ones with a 3/4. Every other Nolan film he gave a 3.5 but never a 4/4. So i think it's safe to say he's a Nolan nut like all of us...
This is true, he has seemed to really enjoy Nolan films and although in general he rates films higher than most critics, it's also true that he reserves a 'perfect' score for only a few select films a year (Boyhood and Birdman this year it looks like) and so far Nolan has not been one to persuade such...

So can we expect Traver's review for The Rolling Stone sometime today? :shifty: (it just hit midnight here...)

There are so may TV Spots that I've lost count.