Interstellar: 70mm IMAX Screening Locations

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
sickofsickness wrote:
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:I am going to the Great Clips Imax at the Minnesota ZOO for the 8PM showing. I will be arriving 2.5-3 hours early but I will most likely eat diner first if nobody else is in line. I am coming from work. Since it is over an hour drive from my house and a 45 minute drive from my job and it would take me an hour to get home. So no point for me going home.

I'm going to eat but afraid to drink anything. Otherwise I'm peeing my pants. Don't care.
I need to drink something. I have a nervous cough if I am looking forward to something or in a crowd in place.

My Imax theater I am going to just finished there remodel today. brand new seats.

checo78 wrote:hi All,

Im newbie around here.
Anyone going to see this in Tampa.Fl?

MOSI: Imax Dome @8pm EST.

I can't wait :P
Cool man, enjoy! I'm in the Tampa area. Not going to MOSI though, I'm driving down to Ft. Lauderdale to see it on that IMAX screen (which is flat).

I've heard both good and bad things about Hollywood films on the dome format. I have seen some 40-min nature docs at MOSI and my neck always hurts by the end, so I can't imagine watching a 3-hr. movie. Please report back and let us know how the dome experience was. :)

darkknight03 wrote:
checo78 wrote:hi All,

Im newbie around here.
Anyone going to see this in Tampa.Fl?

MOSI: Imax Dome @8pm EST.

I can't wait :P
Cool man, enjoy! I'm in the Tampa area. Not going to MOSI though, I'm driving down to Ft. Lauderdale to see it on that IMAX screen (which is flat).

I've heard both good and bad things about Hollywood films on the dome format. I have seen some 40-min nature docs at MOSI and my neck always hurts by the end, so I can't imagine watching a 3-hr. movie. Please report back and let us know how the dome experience was. :)
hey my friend, sure I will let you know how was it.

check this video if you going to the Ft Lauderdale IMAX 70mm over there:

There has been so much talk about how crappy the sound is for the 70mm IMAX presentation that Paramount has set up a quality feedback page. Yikes.

http://www.interstellarmovie.com/quality/

I'm starting to consider just going to a 35mm screening if the sound is really that big of a problem.

HorrorBiz wrote:There has been so much talk about how crappy the sound is for the 70mm IMAX presentation that Paramount has set up a quality feedback page. Yikes.

I'm starting to consider just going to a 35mm screening if the sound is really that big of a problem.
OFFS, I bought my ticket yesterday but something in me told me to hold off. Well afterwards I can still see it in a lesser format but still.

HorrorBiz wrote:There has been so much talk about how crappy the sound is for the 70mm IMAX presentation that Paramount has set up a quality feedback page. Yikes.

Ugh :(. This isn't what I wanted to hear.

I ask this as a hyper-neurotic, hyper-anxious person.

I, like many others, am driving a great distance for this. I already bought my tix. While Fandango doesn't really do returns, according to their website, they make exceptions and I would think this would fall under that. But the movie hasn't opened officially yet (its 230 am on the 4th).

I'm seeing it in a week. Do you think by then they would have resolved whatever issues they have?

sickofsickness wrote:I ask this as a hyper-neurotic, hyper-anxious person.

I, like many others, am driving a great distance for this. I already bought my tix. While Fandango doesn't really do returns, according to their website, they make exceptions and I would think this would fall under that. But the movie hasn't opened officially yet (its 230 am on the 4th).

I'm seeing it in a week. Do you think by then they would have resolved whatever issues they have?
I can't imagine they wouldn't. I suppose that's entirely dependent on the feedback they receive, but a week is a good chunk of time for complaints to come in. Maybe calling the theater and ensuring that they take all the appropriate calibration steps would help.

Though I wonder what could be causing poor audio quality. The audio tracks they use for the IMAX shows aren't different from what they use on the other formats, are they?

UnknownVariation wrote:

Ugh :(. This isn't what I wanted to hear.

I went to an advanced screening a couple of hours ago (Montreal). For me, the problem wasn't the sound,but the picture. It was really dim AND there was dirt/hair on the print. :( Hope you guys don't experience this.

Wait, so there's an issue with the sound in IMAX presentations for Interstellar? I never read anything about that till right now what's it all about?