Interstellar: 70mm IMAX Screening Locations

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
For my showtime, seats are reserved. So can I just show up 10 minutes before the movie starts?

Knight wrote:For my showtime, seats are reserved. So can I just show up 10 minutes before the movie starts?
In theory, yes.

Welp, I bought my tix for the 7pm show at Opry Mills in Nashville on Nov 11. The Fandango tab sat open on my laptop for about 2 weeks, mocking me.

I've never bought a ticket this early, but I extended my vacation by one day so I can devote it to seeing this. I was going to see it on the 10th, but a lot seems to be happening and I don't want to cut my day short for this.

So I extended it, get another free breakfast at the hotel, and then off to spend the day in Nashville waiting.

It's a 3 hr drive each way but I'm so stoked.

jeremykg14 wrote:I am going to be at the Airbus IMAX, Stephen F. Udvar-Hazy Center tomorrow for the 8:00pm showing. I am thinking about being there at least 2 hours early. It is a 6 hour drive from where I live just to get to this IMAX. I watched The Dark Knight Rises there opening weekend too.
So happy the IMAX I go to has reserved seating. Getting to the movie theater really early to get a good seat is really annoying and stressful.

willyjoel wrote:Cool, I'm going to the Udvar-Hazy Imax too (10 minutes from my house ;) ) so I'll bee looking for you!
Awesome! See you there! :gonf:

willyjoel wrote:Ok guys, how early is too early? I'm planning to get to the Udvar-Hazy Air & Space Museum IMAX theater in Chantilly about two hours before showtime (around 6 p.m.) I saw TDKR and Inception there and every time I arrived 2 hour earlier and always found about 15 to 20 people in line already. I'm also considering getting there perhaps 1 hour before that (that'll be 3 hours early) so I can do the Oculus Rift experience.

How about you guys?
I live in MD so it's about an hour drive for me. I'll probably leave around 4:30, and with traffic probably get there around 7. I've gotten there a bit later before (for Star Trek), and the theater holds like 300 people or so, so wherever you sit is going to be good. Also, I believe the ship and the Oculus Rift doesn't open until the 6th.
Last edited by MindYourSurroundings on November 3rd, 2014, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Pro
Law
I showed up 10hrs early for TDKR.

Interstellar I'll probably show up 2hrs early

hi All,

Im newbie around here.
Anyone going to see this in Tampa.Fl?

MOSI: Imax Dome @8pm EST.

I can't wait :P

I am going to the Great Clips Imax at the Minnesota ZOO for the 8PM showing. I will be arriving 2.5-3 hours early but I will most likely eat diner first if nobody else is in line. I am coming from work. Since it is over an hour drive from my house and a 45 minute drive from my job and it would take me an hour to get home. So no point for me going home.

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:I am going to the Great Clips Imax at the Minnesota ZOO for the 8PM showing. I will be arriving 2.5-3 hours early but I will most likely eat diner first if nobody else is in line. I am coming from work. Since it is over an hour drive from my house and a 45 minute drive from my job and it would take me an hour to get home. So no point for me going home.

I'm going to eat but afraid to drink anything. Otherwise I'm peeing my pants. Don't care.