Interstellar: 70mm IMAX Screening Locations

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Oh god thank god I was not scheduled to work next Wednesday morning. I'll be watching it at the AMC METREON, I believe it has the second largest Imax screen in the country 8-)

Knight wrote:Oh god thank god I was not scheduled to work next Wednesday morning. I'll be watching it at the AMC METREON, I believe it has the second largest Imax screen in the country 8-)
Hey cool, that's where I'm seeing it! I had to settle with seeing on the 8th because that was the earliest showing where the good seats weren't taken. Hopefully I can see it a few more times while it's still there. Seeing this in 70mm IMAX really will be a once in a lifetime experience. This is going to be awesome!

MindYourSurroundings wrote:So, the special night is almost upon us, and I was wondering, what's everyone going to wear? For The Dark Knight Rises, I wore the white "FIRE RISES" shirt (the one they sent out to Eli Roth and others). I couldn't find anything cool for Interstellar, so I just made my own shirt :

It's literally just that, on a black t-shirt. It came out WAY better than I was expecting. Hopefully people won't ask who the person on my shirt is...

I'll probably also wear my Bane face hoody from Etsy.

How about you guys?
Cool, I'm going to the Udvar-Hazy Imax too (10 minutes from my house ;) ) so I'll bee looking for you!

Ok guys, how early is too early? I'm planning to get to the Udvar-Hazy Air & Space Museum IMAX theater in Chantilly about two hours before showtime (around 6 p.m.) I saw TDKR and Inception there and every time I arrived 2 hour earlier and always found about 15 to 20 people in line already. I'm also considering getting there perhaps 1 hour before that (that'll be 3 hours early) so I can do the Oculus Rift experience.

How about you guys?

willyjoel wrote:Ok guys, how early is too early? I'm planning to get to the Udvar-Hazy Air & Space Museum IMAX theater in Chantilly about two hours before showtime (around 6 p.m.) I saw TDKR and Inception there and every time I arrived 2 hour earlier and always found about 15 to 20 people in line already. I'm also considering getting there perhaps 1 hour before that (that'll be 3 hours early) so I can do the Oculus Rift experience.

How about you guys?
Well thanks to Nolanfans, I lucked out and grabbed reserved seats at the AMC Lincoln Sq IMAX in NYC for opening night. Dead center baby! But I'm still gonna show up at least 30 minutes early.

BlackSuit wrote:
willyjoel wrote:Ok guys, how early is too early? I'm planning to get to the Udvar-Hazy Air & Space Museum IMAX theater in Chantilly about two hours before showtime (around 6 p.m.) I saw TDKR and Inception there and every time I arrived 2 hour earlier and always found about 15 to 20 people in line already. I'm also considering getting there perhaps 1 hour before that (that'll be 3 hours early) so I can do the Oculus Rift experience.

How about you guys?
Well thanks to Nolanfans, I lucked out and grabbed reserved seats at the AMC Lincoln Sq IMAX in NYC for opening night. Dead center baby! But I'm still gonna show up at least 30 minutes early.
I've only seen IMAX movies here, never anywhere else. My personal recommendation is the center seat in the very last row. Believe me, you aren't too far back at all.

Who else will be at the Austin show (8pm at the Bob Bullock Museum) tomorrow night?

How about you guys?
I can't go until the weekend, but I remember going to watch TDKR at midnight at Udvar Hazy , I got there at 7 pm and there were still 40 people in line ahead of me! Thank god I was able to get there that early to get good seats. But anyways I'm going to the 4pm showing this Saturday, planning to go at 1 to do the oculus rift, and then wait in line for two hours while the rest of my family explores the museum.

I'm going to Opry Mills in Nashville as the last day of my vacation. But it's a 3 hour drive from the hotel. So I'm going to the 7pm show. Movie is about 3 hrs. I figure I'll be back by 1, then leave the next day for the 8 hour drive home.

I plan on spending all day in town so I'll def be the first one there.

Under normal circumstances I see the latest show, but I'd be home by 5 or 6am if I did that.

I am going to be at the Airbus IMAX, Stephen F. Udvar-Hazy Center tomorrow for the 8:00pm showing. I am thinking about being there at least 2 hours early. It is a 6 hour drive from where I live just to get to this IMAX. I watched The Dark Knight Rises there opening weekend too.