Interstellar: 70mm IMAX Screening Locations

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
HorrorBiz wrote:Did anyone who saw the film at the Airbus IMAX Theater in Chantilly, VA have any problems understanding dialogue and sound mix?
Check out my post below yours!

MindYourSurroundings wrote:
HorrorBiz wrote:Did anyone who saw the film at the Airbus IMAX Theater in Chantilly, VA have any problems understanding dialogue and sound mix?
I just did, thanks for replying. I saw both The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises there and never really had any problem with the sound mix before, even (most) of Bane's dialogue. Perhaps this is just something with Interstellar, but hopefully it won't ruin the experience when I go to see it over the weekend.

HorrorBiz wrote:
I just did, thanks for replying. I saw both The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises there and never really had any problem with the sound mix before, even (most) of Bane's dialogue. Perhaps this is just something with Interstellar, but hopefully it won't ruin the experience when I go to see it over the weekend.
You're welcome! I saw Ghost Protocol, Rises, Into Darkness, and now Interstellar at Udvar-Hazy. I think the sound is most likely intentional. Let me know what you think when you see it this weekend, and don't forget to check out the Ranger ship and the Oculus experience out in the parking lot. They're covered in a white tent. The exhibit doesn't open until the 6th, so there was a guard on duty and wouldn't let anyone get near it. Caught a glimpse of it, though.

HorrorBiz wrote:
I want to believe that but at least at Irvine and maybe other theaters, they had to restart the show, so....can't be THAT on purpose.

Man I can't sleep and I have my screening at 8am today! Hope AMC Metreon IMAX didn't encounter any sound problems, I'm already spending a lot of money for this (ticket, parking, gas, food).

Oh god, I just saw on twitter that the IMAX shows in Edwards Ontario Palace Stadium 22 in Ontario, CA had problems too. I used to live near there and always went to that theater for imax. So freaking unfortunate for all these fans. What a major screwup!
Last edited by Knight on November 5th, 2014, 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Im going to keep my ear to the soil and call Opry Mills before I go and ask.

Again supposedly Fandango doesn't allow refunds unless it's a really good f**king reason. And I think this qualifies.

Heres my plan: I extended my hotel stay and vacation to go. Im driving 3 hrs each way. If it blows, I'll see it again back home. But at least I got most of it on IMAX.

I feel bad for Nolan and the PR nightmare this is becoming.

HorrorBiz wrote:Did anyone who saw the film at the Airbus IMAX Theater in Chantilly, VA have any problems understanding dialogue in the sound mix?
Yeah, I went there last night (8 p.m.) there were moments, specially at the beginning, where the low frequencies were to loud, the subwoofer was to the max making those low frequencies to rumble thru the theater particularly during quiet moments where there was dialog making it difficult to hear, it took me out of the film for a second or two.

Was anybody else at the Irvine screening :D what a clusterfuck that was at the beginning of the film. But hey everything worked out in the end and they got the audio fixed and the entire theatre got free imax movie tickets!!!

BETA. wrote:Was anybody else at the Irvine screening :D what a clusterfuck that was at the beginning of the film. But hey everything worked out in the end and they got the audio fixed and the entire theatre got free imax movie tickets!!!

So ultimately it played without error?

sickofsickness wrote:
BETA. wrote:Was anybody else at the Irvine screening :D what a clusterfuck that was at the beginning of the film. But hey everything worked out in the end and they got the audio fixed and the entire theatre got free imax movie tickets!!!

So ultimately it played without error?
Yes, there was a few more hiccups after the "fix" but everything was up and running good after 20-30 minutes. However, the dillhole forgot to clear out the gate, so there was like lint and dust specks on screen, but nothing major at all really. The movie still played and look phenomenal