Interstellar: 70mm IMAX Screening Locations

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Just got to my screening at the Udvar Hazy IMAX in VA and there's a replica (real size) of the space ship in a tent in the parking lot, it's closed now.but will open.to the public on the 6th

HorrorBiz wrote:There has been so much talk about how crappy the sound is for the 70mm IMAX presentation that Paramount has set up a quality feedback page. Yikes.

http://www.interstellarmovie.com/quality/

I'm starting to consider just going to a 35mm screening if the sound is really that big of a problem.
Actually the quality feedback page was always planned:
"Google has provided the ultimate hub for the theatrical experience, and now, for the first time ever, there is a mechanism for audiences to give direct feedback to the studio about the quality of the technical presentation."
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/g ... lar-738067

Seems to me that the issue was isolated just to the Chinese Theatre. I've seen a few people on Twitter say that their presentations at Lincon Sq. etc were good audio-wise.

willyjoel wrote:Just got to my screening at the Udvar Hazy IMAX in VA and there's a replica (real size) of the space ship in a tent in the parking lot, it's closed now.but will open.to the public on the 6th
Just got here too. I don't think it's a replica...it's the actual ship used in the film. I parked right by it, but yeah there was a guard. Gonna try to take some pics on my way out.

antovolk wrote:Seems to me that the issue was isolated just to the Chinese Theatre. I've seen a few people on Twitter say that their presentations at Lincon Sq. etc were good audio-wise.
Good to know. I'm seeing at the Lincoln Square IMAX on Friday night.

Searching Twitter, everyone says it takes 20 minutes to fix (and free passes).

Does this mean their second run is without error?

Yikes, either there are a lot of people tweeting from the same theatre or these cinemas are having some serious troubles with screening film prints.

I wish my local IMAX theaters hadn't switched out their 70mm projectors for digital last year....still the same size screen, but damn.... :thumbdown:

sickofsickness wrote:Searching Twitter, everyone says it takes 20 minutes to fix (and free passes).

Does this mean their second run is without error?

It seems like those tweets are all coming from people at the Edwards Irvine Spectrum Imax. Hope they figure it out tonight, because this is the theater I'm planning on going to.

Did anyone who saw the film at the Airbus IMAX Theater in Chantilly, VA have any problems understanding dialogue in the sound mix?
Last edited by HorrorBiz on November 5th, 2014, 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Just got home from the 8:00 showing in Chantilly. What an incredible film. The score is haunting and empowers many scenes, especially the more intense ones. Sometimes the sound was so loud it was a bit hard to hear dialogue. Other times it was intended that way for specific scenes, as if it almost entirely takes over. Very LFE / Bass heavy.
Last edited by MindYourSurroundings on November 5th, 2014, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.