Predict Rotten Tomatoes/IMDb scores

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
At this point I'd be good with 75%. 8-) 3 out of 4 liking it is not bad and a takeaway here is that even with a significantly lower RT score than Inception, Interstellar does come out a point higher for MC score with more mixed than negative from major critics. 8-) However, Interstellar is obviously another divisive film with eight scores in the 90 to 100 range but almost an equal number scored in range from 50 to 60.

The RT score is 73% - Nolan fans problems :P

I see they changed the Rafer Guzmam 2.5/4 review to "fresh" after I sent an email about it a few days ago and looking now through the "rotten" reviews I am quite peeved with other stupid verdicts so I just now sent this email as well and I'm curious to see if they do anything about it and improve the score...
Hi, I was looking through the rotten reviews on Rotten Tomatoes for INTERSTELLAR and there are major issues and contradictions. Have you taken a look at Metacritic?

There are FOUR of the following list (THREE of your TOP CRITICS and The Oregonian critic) which are counted over there as POSITIVE which makes ROTTEN TOMATOES look like IDIOTS.

Something is clearly wrong with your system if all these which equate to > 60 scores (FYI a 2.5/4 = 62.5, C = 73-77, and C+ = 78/79) are considered Rotten?

David Denby's review in particular is graded as a 70 on Metacritic which is a POSITIVE. A few negative remarks does not mean their overall impression of the film is negative; only scores below 60 indicate that.

I thought Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic were on the same page with = or < 60 counted as "negative" on MC and "rotten" on RT, but apparently on RT this is much more up to subjective discretion where a B - even can be sometimes counted as fresh but other times as rotten...seriously?! Who the hell is running this circus?!

If you don't want to further LOSE CREDIBILITY to other review aggregates I suggest these all be changed to FRESH scores...
David Denby
New Yorker
Top Critic
November 3, 2014
"Interstellar," a spectacular, redundant puzzle, a hundred and sixty-seven minutes long, makes you feel virtuous for having sat through it rather than happy that you saw it.

Peter Rainer
Christian Science Monitor
Top Critic
November 4, 2014
Nolan tries to pair the cosmic esoterica with this father-daughter tussle, but the mix doesn't jell. Visionary movies require a bigger vision.
Full Review | Original Score: C+

Liam Lacey
Globe and Mail
Top Critic
November 5, 2014
By the closing credits, it seems possible that Nolan himself hails from another planet, and while he has tried diligently to show humanity in a flattering light, he lacks enough inside information to get it right.
Full Review | Original Score: 2.5/4

Jeff Baker
Oregonian November 5, 2014
It's frustrating because there's so much to look at, so much money well spent in every frame, but "Interstellar" wears out its audience long before it ends.
Full Review | Original Score: B-

Radheyan Simonpillai
AskMen.com November 6, 2014
If only the plot and the corny, exposition-heavy dialogue - where characters speak in fortune cookie - could hold up to the cinematography.

Daniel Carlson
Movie Mezzanine November 5, 2014
There's clear ambition here, but no direction; emphasis, but no meaning.

Frank Swietek
One Guy's Opinion November 5, 2014
You can certainly respond to its craft, but its attempts at emotional depth and cosmological profundity fall short.
Full Review | Original Score: C

Peter Canavese
Groucho Reviews November 5, 2014
Love is what's really between the stars, y'all.

James Verniere
Boston Herald November 5, 2014
A lot of sound and fury, signifying not much.
Full Review | Original Score: C plus
I think others should complain too; it's blasphemy! :gonf:

lcbaseball22 wrote:I see they changed the Rafer Guzmam 2.5/4 review to "fresh" after I sent an email about it a few days ago and looking now through the "rotten" reviews I am quite peeved with other stupid verdicts so I just now sent this email as well and I'm curious to see if they do anything about it and improve the score...
Hi, I was looking through the rotten reviews on Rotten Tomatoes for INTERSTELLAR and there are major issues and contradictions. Have you taken a look at Metacritic?

There are FOUR of the following list (THREE of your TOP CRITICS and The Oregonian critic) which are counted over there as POSITIVE which makes ROTTEN TOMATOES look like IDIOTS.

Something is clearly wrong with your system if all these which equate to > 60 scores (FYI a 2.5/4 = 62.5, C = 73-77, and C+ = 78/79) are considered Rotten?

David Denby's review in particular is graded as a 70 on Metacritic which is a POSITIVE. A few negative remarks does not mean their overall impression of the film is negative; only scores below 60 indicate that.

I thought Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic were on the same page with = or < 60 counted as "negative" on MC and "rotten" on RT, but apparently on RT this is much more up to subjective discretion where a B - even can be sometimes counted as fresh but other times as rotten...seriously?! Who the hell is running this circus?!

If you don't want to further LOSE CREDIBILITY to other review aggregates I suggest these all be changed to FRESH scores...
David Denby
New Yorker
Top Critic
November 3, 2014
"Interstellar," a spectacular, redundant puzzle, a hundred and sixty-seven minutes long, makes you feel virtuous for having sat through it rather than happy that you saw it.

Peter Rainer
Top Critic
November 4, 2014
Nolan tries to pair the cosmic esoterica with this father-daughter tussle, but the mix doesn't jell. Visionary movies require a bigger vision.

Liam Lacey
Globe and Mail
Top Critic
November 5, 2014
By the closing credits, it seems possible that Nolan himself hails from another planet, and while he has tried diligently to show humanity in a flattering light, he lacks enough inside information to get it right.

Jeff Baker
It's frustrating because there's so much to look at, so much money well spent in every frame, but "Interstellar" wears out its audience long before it ends.

Radheyan Simonpillai
If only the plot and the corny, exposition-heavy dialogue - where characters speak in fortune cookie - could hold up to the cinematography.

Daniel Carlson

Frank Swietek
You can certainly respond to its craft, but its attempts at emotional depth and cosmological profundity fall short.

Peter Canavese

James Verniere

I'm guessing they will not be very impressed with your email. You come across pretty crazy in the text you just posted. I felt like Denby's review was pretty mixed, so MetaCritic was being generous when they gave it a 70. The rotten/fresh thing becomes very difficult to judge on mixed reviews and you'll frequently see a mixture of 3/5's counted positive and 3/5's counted negative for various movies.

lcbaseball22 wrote:I see they changed the Rafer Guzmam 2.5/4 review to "fresh" after I sent an email about it a few days ago and looking now through the "rotten" reviews I am quite peeved with other stupid verdicts so I just now sent this email as well and I'm curious to see if they do anything about it and improve the score...

David Denby
New Yorker
Top Critic
November 3, 2014

Peter Rainer
Top Critic
November 4, 2014

Liam Lacey
Globe and Mail
Top Critic
November 5, 2014

Jeff Baker

Radheyan Simonpillai

Daniel Carlson

Frank Swietek

Peter Canavese

James Verniere
I would back off if I were you. Changing the RT score by a few points isn't going to change their credibility or do anything great for Interstellar (nobody's going to care if its at 77 instead of 73). After TDKR, RT had good reason to hate over-enthusiastic Nolan fans; don't give them anymore reason to stew that hatred

redfirebird2008 wrote: I'm guessing they will not be very impressed with your email. You come across pretty crazy in the text you just posted. I felt like Denby's review was pretty mixed, so MetaCritic was being generous when they gave it a 70. The rotten/fresh thing becomes very difficult to judge on mixed reviews and you'll frequently see a mixture of 3/5's counted positive and 3/5's counted negative for various movies.
I think I'm being quite logical and calling them out on their contradictory ways and these injustices :roll:

lcbaseball22 wrote:
redfirebird2008 wrote: I'm guessing they will not be very impressed with your email. You come across pretty crazy in the text you just posted. I felt like Denby's review was pretty mixed, so MetaCritic was being generous when they gave it a 70. The rotten/fresh thing becomes very difficult to judge on mixed reviews and you'll frequently see a mixture of 3/5's counted positive and 3/5's counted negative for various movies.
I think I'm being quite logical and calling them out on their contradictory ways and these injustices :roll:
I've checked, a lot of those critics scored other movies the same way and they were awarded Rotten as well. You are trying to get RT to change their whole system.

lcbaseball22 wrote:
Injustice? It really doesn't matter at the end of the day. It's just a movie.

Oh well, the RT score is now continuing to drop cause of pipsqueak bloggers and shit and will just look laughably bad when their score is significantly lower than MC's...I mean when does this ever happen? :lol:

72% yikes!